$10 NLHE 6-max: bottom set multiway on flushdraw flop

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Replay: https://play.globalpoker.com/poker-client/poker/10/hand/5b8eab59aa4b05166a0d7366

Villain1 (UTG): $25.14
me (CO): $20.25 :4s4::4d4:
villain2 (SB): $13.08
villain3 (BB): $3.38

PRE:
UTG raises to 0.35, I call, SB calls, BB calls

FLOP: :qh4::6c4::4h4: (pot: $1.4)

UTG bets $0.85 ... ???

I should have raised OTF for value and to take control of the hand (this gives me the option to check back in position if the flush comes in) villain probably has too many flush draws in his cbetting range on this board anyway.

i think i decide to flat in order to lure the other players into coming along and build a pot, but i think a lot of the hands the call a bet with will also come along to a 2bet. in hindsight, i dont agree with that reasoning. i think i prefer raising the minimum on the flop and betting pot on turn (although probably betting much smaller on the turn when the 3rd heart comes as a sort of blocker bet in position to prevent villain from betting river so i can check back) should set it up nicely for a river jam on good river cards (check back obviously when the 4th heart comes in)

what do you guys think of my analysis? agree? disagree?

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would raise flop would not want this specific board to be a multi-way pot as there are both flush and straight draws possibilities. Raising here will only get worse hands to fold and keep flush and straight draws in (normally you want to keep worse hands in), but in this spot I think raising is good.

Last edited:
mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would raise preflop would not want this specific board to be a multi-way pot as there are both flush and straight draws possibilities. Raising here will only get worse hands to fold and keep flush and straight draws in (normally you want to keep worse hands in), but in this spot I think raising is good.
You 3bet 44?:eek:

Flush and straight draws *are* worse hands

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You 3bet 44?:eek:

Flush and straight draws *are* worse hands

No my mistake meant FLOP ofc.

And yes straight and flush draws are worse hands so extract money by raising on the FLOP (other worse hands not containing a Q will prob fold though) :D

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ah okay. But yeah, i want calls from flush draws. We also get called by 36 combos of Qx

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would raise to $0.95. There's a good chance the flush draw is calling anyway especially if any QX hand calls in front of the flush draw.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise to $0.95. There's a good chance the flush draw is calling anyway especially if any QX hand calls in front of the flush draw.

I thought about that, i feel like the minraise lends itself better to a river shove, but the larger sizing you suggest on the flop still makes a good river shove but frontloads the value a little more, so i agree, i think that would be a little better

Full Flush Poker