Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.15 (VPIP: 19.80, PFR: 15.23, 3Bet Preflop: 9.52, hands: 622)
SB: $14.97 (VPIP: 14.63, PFR: 11.38, 3Bet Preflop: 5.77, Hands: 126)
Hero (BB): $10.10
UTG: $15.28 (VPIP: 23.19, PFR: 14.49, 3Bet Preflop: 4.35, Hands: 71)
MP: $11.45 (VPIP: 22.37, PFR: 17.81, 3Bet Preflop: 1.32, Hands: 233)
CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10, CO posts penalty blind $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.25) Hero has J:heart: J:club:

UTG raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.05, UTG calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) 3:diamond: 8:heart: 8:diamond:
Hero bets $1.18, UTG calls $1.18

Turn: ($4.61, 2 players) 9:spade:
Hero checks, UTG bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

River: ($9.61, 2 players) Q:spade:
Hero checks, UTG bets $3.60, fold

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the time of the hand I felt he was just desp for me to call hence the smallish bet.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not 3 betting JJ from the bb vs a reg opening UTG. As played I am betting turn and if called maybe check folding this river depending on sizing.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His 3bet calling range is 88+ AK and maybe AQs. Its tough to say whether you should 3bet JJ against a reg UTG raise OOP but most of the time you are behind. Cbet is fine, i guess i would check the turn too cause once he calls a cBet on that board he is continuing on the turn also with all his bigger pairs, AK or AQ flush draws. Only thing that he could have and would fold are hands like AKo AQo(but would they call a cBet?) and maybe TT or JJ(although not likely that he has it), + he knows 9 desnt hit your 3bet range. Once you figure out that nothing worse can call the flop raise and call the turn raise (except draws that still have position and solid equity) i would shut down and fold on the turn. I guess the only right thing here was just to fold the JJ preflop.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can never fold JJ pre in this spot, just plays better as a flat imo. That is also just my style aka preference.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can never fold JJ pre in this spot, just plays better as a flat imo. That is also just my style aka preference.

If you think your post flop skills are good and you can outplay the opponent i can contemplate a call, but there is nothing wrong with folding here couse its a neutral EV play and is going to save you money in the long run.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bleh, this hand has two gross marginal spots. 3-bet vs. flat, call vs. fold on the river. There's probably not much EV difference between the two. Aggression Frequency would be a nice number to look at to make this call. Same with steal percentage (so you know how positionally aware he is).

6bet me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think you played this hand perfectly. I like the 3bet preflop. It makes the villain so much easier to range when he flat calls you. I also like the flop C-bet (getting value from AQ, AK, 99, TT and flush draws) and I like the check-call on turn (it balances your checking range and shows the villain that you're not ready to give up yet, if he was planning to float you then take it away on the turn). And I think that the river fold is essential, especially to his sizing (if he was bluffing with a busted flush draw, surely he would have bet something closer to 70% pot). This bet-sizing just screams thin value. He wants hands like JJ to call. Even if the villain had AQ and was simply floating you to take it away on the turn, he's hit his pair now and is ahead. So you had to check-fold the river.

weldphaser

weldphaser

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not 3 betting JJ from the bb vs a reg opening UTG. As played I am betting turn and if called maybe check folding this river depending on sizing.

I don't think we should really be calling villain a reg, i mean we don't have many hands on him, but his vpip/pfr gap is significant. he prob more weak passive typish maybe, but still he's not a total fish id say so yeah i may just flat pre w/out any solid reads

bet turn also

but have to fold river now,

any specific reads on villain?

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think we should really be calling villain a reg, i mean we don't have many hands on him, but his vpip/pfr gap is significant. he prob more weak passive typish maybe, but still he's not a total fish id say so yeah i may just flat pre w/out any solid reads

bet turn also

but have to fold river now,

any specific reads on villain?

nope except when he 3bets i'd be careful.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
flatting pre is the more standard play, 3betting is by no means bad, i think you played it well.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands