As.png
Kh.png

CO raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.90, 2 folds, CO calls $0.65

Flop: ($1.95)
5h.png
4d.png
2h.png
(2 players)
CO checks, Hero bets $1.36, CO raises to $3.53, Hero raises to $10.31, CO calls $6.78

Turn: ($22.57)
Jd.png
(2 players)
River: ($22.57)
Qs.png
(2 players)

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um... you are aware that you just went all in with A-high, right? Seriously what are we doing re-raising a check-raise here. I can't honestly see us ever getting called by worse. We have 4 outs versus most of his c-raise range.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think it's terrible with the 2 overs gutshot and bdfd.It's not a semi bluff i usually run because i expect so little fold equity especially to the larger raise size on the flop.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good board to check back the flop, since no pairs fold and we beat all non-pair hands. At the very least, just call the flop raise, nothing folds to your 3bet.

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like the re-raise on the flop, almost certainly behind villain check-raise range which I put villain on 99-JJ, AhJh,AhQh, AhKx or even 45s.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the flop cbet with AK. Not many hands will fold on a board like this.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like the flop cbet with AK. Not many hands will fold on a board like this.

i dont know about the cbet i was thinking its was the well played thing post flop, if u check u r pretty much giving up there is noway u can win the hand after that

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know about the cbet i was thinking its was the well played thing post flop, if u check u r pretty much giving up there is noway u can win the hand after that

you are not a favourite here. It's a spot like 50-50 if we assume villains calls his Ax here. Playing this by check is ok. You have a showdown value, you have some outs, you have a bdfd on king, you are IP. so it's not like you lose it everytime.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You have position so you can check back and see a free turn card. You can still win if you hit an A or K obviously.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have position so you can check back and see a free turn card. You can still win if you hit an A or K obviously.

No we dont lol. What do you think the guy has? He isn't going to check/raise with Ax. I think we would be playing wish poker to give him anything less that 2 pair/ probably a set.

The only non-2pair + hand he can have (that we are flipping with) is maybe AhQh. Other than that i think you are looking at AA, A3, 55, 44, 22, and maybe 54s. If he is really feeling aggressive maybe A5. I cant imagine that we aren't a huge dog here.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No we dont lol. What do you think the guy has? He isn't going to check/raise with Ax. I think we would be playing wish poker to give him anything less that 2 pair/ probably a set.

The only non-2pair + hand he can have (that we are flipping with) is maybe AhQh. Other than that i think you are looking at AA, A3, 55, 44, 22, and maybe 54s. If he is really feeling aggressive maybe A5. I cant imagine that we aren't a huge dog here.

if we check then villain still have a range which contains hands like ATs+, AQo, sometimes AJo + hands like KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs. If we check we don't consider villain's check/raising range on turn.

I don't know why do you guys consider a hands like 54s, a3s in villain's range. A3s would be mostly 4bet preflop or fold and 54s is definitely a fold. If villain would have any of these hands in his defending CO range then it means he is a fish or just weak reg. Not to mention that low pocket pairs on CO vs BU are fold too. You have to have a good reason to call it preflop on CO vs 3bet BU on 100bbs.

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never said anything about check/ don't check, all i did was point out that we just jammed A high lol. I don't like either option really, the only thing i think is that it is an easy fold versus the c-raise.
I have to disagree with you here. Villain should be opening something like this from CO:
most suited connectors, all pairs, All Ax, all broadways, K9+. This is imo though.

Our Bttn 3-bet range should be pretty lose imo, (especially versus a fish or weak reg) i would say A2o/s-A5o/s, ATo+ A9s+ JTs+ QJo+ 55+

Villain really doesn't need to 4-bet A3 unless he wants to basically commit to a bluff. He certainly could fold it (and maybe should versus that 3-bet range) but that doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

54s is (probably) a fold to a 3-bet if you are a thinking player, 55 and 44 he can call with and see a flop, 22 is probably a dump but we have to remember that this is 10nl so people might still be thinking "Hey its 2 oclock and i have 22 so i will flop a set."

Last edited:
Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 3bet jamming would be fine with A of hearts here. Cause then we block a huge part of his FD range. Not sure though. A high variance play as well

V's range looks like 99+, Ahxh,54s, other QJ,QT,JT of hearts probably

Lets say we are able to fold a decent part of that range by jamming > then it'd be an ev+ play. Which is what I'm not certain on this spot.
If I'd have Ah I might try this from time to time

And I'd say it's dumb to flat 22-55 oop while I don't mind 54s & sometime A3s

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He can easily check raise overpairs here or a flush draw. Very common at the microstakes. A check raise doesnt always mean a strong made hand.
Why wouldn't he check raise with Ax? Hero just went all in with Ax lol.
And obviously if we check back flop then we eliminate villains ability to check raise us.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if we check then villain still have a range which contains hands like ATs+, AQo, sometimes AJo + hands like KQs, KJs, KTs, QJs. If we check we don't consider villain's check/raising range on turn.

I don't know why do you guys consider a hands like 54s, a3s in villain's range. A3s would be mostly 4bet preflop or fold and 54s is definitely a fold. If villain would have any of these hands in his defending CO range then it means he is a fish or just weak reg. Not to mention that low pocket pairs on CO vs BU are fold too. You have to have a good reason to call it preflop on CO vs 3bet BU on 100bbs.

i think u dont take in consideration it was played on NL10 i rarely see 4bets unless its AK, QQ+. not even with JJ or AQ

TenJack

TenJack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He can easily check raise overpairs here or a flush draw. Very common at the microstakes. A check raise doesnt always mean a strong made hand.
Why wouldn't he check raise with Ax? Hero just went all in with Ax lol.
And obviously if we check back flop then we eliminate villains ability to check raise us.

I guess a microstakes idiot can do that with KK?. I feel like c-raising is only for use when we are really strong or really weak. Not sure about how i feel about giving him KK, QQ, JJ, TT simply as i personally have a hard time c-raising with a medium strength hand like a single pair.

A

Alexchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
preflop: standard
flop: I don't like the bet size. You can bet smaller like half pot since he will miss a lot of hands on this flop. I feel like give up to the check raise or just flat call the raise is better than jamming here. Do you think he will have fold equity by heavy drawing or over pair (66 - JJ) in this hand? I don't think the V will fold a lot here unless he is totally bluffing with air. I feel that AKo playing this way is a long-term -EV play.