$10 NLHE 6-max: is a good push?

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his play was atrocious ( calling a 4 bet with JT is not a winning play) and getting it in on that flop with your hand was fine. Well played, unlucky.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J10o:eek:
don't you think a bigger 4bet was better?

I hope betstack is not your friend from ecuador.:D

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think his play was atrocious ( calling a 4 bet with JT is not a winning play) and getting it in on that flop with your hand was fine. Well played, unlucky.
Yea i have made the maths now in the equilab and iff he had TT+,AKo and AKs in his rangue and he folds his AK i have a fold equity off 58% wish is 3 and some thing dolars +EV, and with the rest off his rangue(i put him AA,KK and QQ in frequenses because not allwais call) i had 46% equity wish means i risk 7,97 to win 19,42 48% off time that is 7,80 dolars plus Ev in total my play has aroul 100bb plus EV wish is all i seak when doing a muvement the result is just a tale.

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J10o:eek:
don't you think a bigger 4bet was better?

I hope betstack is not your friend from ecuador.:D
could be but i dont like 4beting more tham 2,2 max 2,5,i like to give odd for vilain make calls like the one that guy did

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, you have any fold equity here. His donk bet is a little fishy, and I dont think, he does this, unless he intend to stack off. So just take a cheap turn card and make decisions later.

D

damiaanr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Although I do not necessarily mind his cold call with JTo in 4-max, but at least it should be the bare bottom of a balanced range OOP. Since you have flush and straight cards yourself, I personally would have called instead of shoved (I would expect donk bets mostly either on draws, or on hands that have you beat on the flop).

Q

quant1986

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I agree you can just call flop donk, ane re evaluate on the turn. If V is that loose , he wouldn't fold AJ,AT, or even KQ given SPR.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have a lot off equity even vs a Set, but my doudt here is, do i have fold equity in a 4bet pot? i guess i will get fold from mirror hands like AKs and AKo and from some AQs as well.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/4qt5lc3

Hi freddydr87 mate, thank you very much for sharing it.
Well mate, first of all, we have dynamic ranges from the BTN and SB.
SB 3-bets for 3.4x, which is fine, and Hero/You 4-bets to 2.5x, polarizing your 4-bet range in position.
I don't believe you are 4-betting to 2.5x from the BTN with anything that it is not QQ+ and AKs, and even QQ sometimes you are flatting.
Well, for the same reason, we can be calling 3-bets with QQ+ and AQ+ from the BTN when either SB or BB 3-bet versus our ranges.
When I say 'calling', I mean, more often than 4-betting, something like 65% calling and 35% of times 4-betting.
The reason behind it is simple, SB can be 3-betting with a very wide range (even 18% of hands) and when we do 4-bet SB can be leaving all of its bluffs and call/5-bet only with the best hands.

Plus, I am not a great fan of your push OTF: we are going all-in with our hands here no matter what: QQ, KK, AA, and AK with a hearts on its combos, so we have no reason to rush here.
Plus, when we do 4-bet we never have 66. Sometimes we are going to have JJ on our 4-bet range from the BTN, but we are going to 4-bet JJ when we have information of the SB not to fold very much to 4-bet and to have a large frequency of 3-bet preflop SB x BTN.
Summarizing, we don't own 66, TT or JJ, but SB can be holding more TT and JJ than us. Plus some spaz JT that it decided to go for the pot 'for odds'.

With the actual stacks, it is impossible for you to fold anything postflop. Because you polarized your 4-bet range preflop, going for 2.5x and you are nearly 100 blinds deep when the action began.
In other situation where you don't polarize your 4-bet range (4-betting something like 2x to 2.2x at maximum), and you are more than 150 BB versus a known tight player, you can think about a fold.

Here I don't see any reason for running and putting all the money in right on the flop. We are going in anyways.

Edited:

PS: I don't look for the results of hands, but after I wrote, I looked down and SB was holding JT, which is a hand that should be folding to your 4-bet almost 99% (considering you are a solid TAG). Well, but this is a matter for another thread, thank you very much.

Regards;

Carlos 'Aballinamion' Barbosa

Last edited:
freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i will never put him on a rangue in wish JTo has impact(otherwise he has like a 40% call to 4bet rangue). So i do have some fold equity there,i have saw a lot off donk bets with just A high or with a strait draw(because i blok the flush draw) iff he folds thouse hands he is guiving away equity and equity is money that belong to him in the long term.