Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $3.55 (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 5)
SB: $11.73 (VPIP: 19.70, PFR: 15.15, 3Bet Preflop: 8.33, Hands: 66)
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $9.60 (VPIP: 20.97, PFR: 18.55, 3Bet Preflop: 6.98, Hands: 126)
MP: $13.09 (VPIP: 25.00, PFR: 25.00, 3Bet Preflop: 16.67, Hands: 20)
CO: $10.00 (VPIP: 29.70, PFR: 24.75, 3Bet Preflop: 3.33, Hands: 108)

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 7:club: 7:diamond:

fold, MP raises to $0.30, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) 9:club: 9:heart: 6:heart:
Hero bets $0.46, MP raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.04

Turn: ($3.65, 2 players) A:club:
Hero checks, MP bets $1.80, fold

MP wins $3.49

ConDeck

ConDeck

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hate the donk in this spot... what do you intend to fold out?

Donking with our monsters here can be profitable for that reason, very little folds, but with a hand like 77 not so much. XC line is fine here...

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just felt I was infront most of villains raise.. So wasn't really intending to fold out but get value.

turn was hoping for a brickish and then i'd lead out hoping to end the hand and make some money.

But I think your right x/c line is better.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donking here is really ugly. This hand should be played as a bluff catcher on this flop and x/c and x/f this particular turn.

dnegsisabadreg

dnegsisabadreg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think donking is wrong. Villain is very likely to c-bet this board with his entire range, so we wouldn't be donking with strong hands. Check-calling is fine. I would even prefer check-raising to donking as we more legitimately rep strong hands and can avoid giving free cards to the 2 overcard-type hands that villain will have here very often which have significant equity against us.

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think donking is wrong. Villain is very likely to c-bet this board with his entire range, so we wouldn't be donking with strong hands. Check-calling is fine. I would even prefer check-raising to donking as we more legitimately rep strong hands and can avoid giving free cards to the 2 overcard-type hands that villain will have here very often which have significant equity against us.

Couldn't our villain jam this spot after we raise their bet? and be exploited?

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't our villain jam this spot after we raise their bet? and be exploited?

I don't like check raising much either since we are OOP and don't know what to do on even blank turns if we get floated. I think he was just saying that it is better then donking, which I agree. If you did check raise though and got jammed on you could safely assume villain has 1010+ and happily fold. Check raising would be a play for information and while I don't like those plays, they do have their merits.

W

Weisssound

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah.... in most cases flop line is best as a check-call. Keeps the pot smaller, and doesn't eliminate any of your value range in case you need to bluff later.

The other reason I don't like this donk bet is because we don't know much about the opponent. Getting into less standard game play can be great when we have a good idea on our opponent's tendencies. But when we don't have that info we set ourselves up for tough decisions. Like ... when MP raises!

So, raising range will include overpairs to the board, big draws, and 9x hands. We're beating NONE of that, and really only have reasonable equity to big draws. So, I like a fold here.

As is you call and an Ace pops on the turn. So now if our villain has TT-KK that's a scare card (you can have A-rag hearts and play this way). Unfortunately the rest of his range, 78hearts, 9x, Ax hearts is never folding. So while I would *consider* a check-raise to fold out TT-KK, ultimately too much of his range is never folding, so again, I think check-fold is the best line.

Can't win em' all.

MrBadAss

MrBadAss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hate the donk bet here, check call