re: Poker & $10 NLHE 6-max: 53s in the BB checking after limp.
Originally Posted by Aces2w1n
Okay so calling was fine and just getting it in?
I mean we just checked behind cuz we were in BB and didn't want to put ourselves into any bad situations.
When he did make this move I thought 2 things.
1. Hmmm stars hates me... he could have KK
2. deeper thought was only 44 and KK beat me. Lets get it in.
Now after it what I didn't think was.
3. My range probably could easily consist of a 3.
4. He is a solid reg? But really 44 and KK is it really too tight to put him on that? He could have AA and Kx hands.
5. My range is capped as well so he could also think his Kx hands are much stronger than mine or I would've 3bet KJ+ KQ so he could've valued that in.
You didnt check behind, you called his raise. If you didnt want to be in a bad/losing situation... fold.
I dont think he is shoveling KQ/KJ in, without the redraw to the flush atleast and even then he probably flats your raise. He cant guarantee you would be 3betting the weaker Kx hands and he loses value from your bluffs, which is pretty much what they beat. Its pretty much AA, KK, 44, A3, AK. You probably don't have that many 3's in your range either though (obviously you do, but from reg viewpoint) and Kx, 44 + some bluffs make up most of your range, so he can ship AA, AK. If he never ships these we are pretty much dead.
I am presuming he had 44/KK at showdown?