RollinFatties

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tricky LAG player, thoughts?

NL Holdem $0.10(BB)

Dealt to Hero: Ac Ks

UTG Folds, HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Raises To $0.35, HERO Raises To $0.95, BB Folds, BTN Calls $0.60

Hero SPR on Flop: [5.82 effective]
Flop ($2.00): 7h Kh Tc
HERO Bets $1.10 (Rem. Stack: 38.32), BTN Raises To $3.20 (Rem. Stack: 8.44), HERO Calls $2.10 (Rem. Stack: 36.22)

Turn ($8.40): 7h Kh Tc 2h
HERO Checks, BTN Bets $8.40 (Rem. Stack: 0.04), HERO Folds

BTN wins: $7.98

I

ibetmyho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should think about raising larger when OOP. Something in the $1.10-$1.20 would have been better.

Once you get that flop in a 3bet pot you have just call the turn bet. This is close to top of your range and he can easily have worse hands.
I'm not really sure why you fold, you only beaten by a handful of combos.

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah folding there is criminal. I can confidently say you can never win at poker if you do those kinds of folds, you're going to steadily lose in the lng run.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Your 3-bet is to small especially our of position. Your are literally inviting him to come along and try to outdraw you or outplay you after the flop.

Flop
C-betting is fine, and you have to call his raise.

Turn
I think, this is an ok fold. There are still some straightdraws, he could be bluffing with, but the flushdraw got there. Not only does this mean, he now have more nutted hands, that beat you. It also mean, he have less natural bluffs. Its a pot sized bet, so you need to win 1 out of 3 times, and on average I dont think, you win that often.

Its somewhat close, so even its a big decision, it probably does not matter tremendously much in the long run, if you call or fold. However folding reduce variance and makes it easier to stay away from tilt, which in my opinion is often overlooked. Sure it sucks to lose a third of a stack. But it sucks much more to lose a whole stack and also see, how he got lucky on you.

If you had Ah in your hand, this would be a clear call, because then you would have a draw to the nuts, when you are behind, and you would also block a lot of his flush combos. But AK with no heart is really just a hero call. You only hope is to catch him bluffing.

Last edited:
hackmeplz

hackmeplz

Sleep Faster
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once this turn comes fold is fine but why aren't we shoving flop over his raise?

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold was good. I do like to occasionally check raise flop big on boards like this to merge my range and trap draws. It's a little more greedy and risky than a c bet, but it makes you much more difficult to play against.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way you played it was protecting your stack, which works well out of position on this board. There are so many hands that beat you on the turn, or are drawing to a ton of outs on the river. Smart fold.

K

kkonicke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to agree with consensus, 3bet was light...otherwise it was played well. Regarding the jam recommendation, you don't really want to be shipping allin with TPTK on that type of board. The only hands that are calling you are sets, top 2, flush draws, and combo draws. You are only marginally ahead of flush draws and behind everything else. KQ/KJ, and straight draws...which are the hands that you want to continue...have to fold.

0815am

0815am

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with most stated.

Definitely make it bigger preflop. Doing less than 3x i would only do in position usually in Btn vs CO. I would go 3.5x here.

I think on the turn its quite marginal and i would also lean towards a fold. But as many said, it is quite close very likely.