Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 Poker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $3.41 (VPIP: 65.57, PFR: 18.03, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, hands: 66)
BB: $14.42 (VPIP: 26.77, PFR: 19.70, 3Bet Preflop: 6.33, Hands: 487)
Hero (BTN): $20.25

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A<font color='black'>♣</font> Q<font color='black'>♠</font>

Hero raises to $0.35, SB raises to $1.15, fold, Hero calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.40, 2 players) A<font color='red'>♥</font> J<font color='black'>♠</font> T<font color='black'>♠</font>
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($2.40, 2 players) 8<font color='black'>♠</font>
SB bets $1.13, Hero calls $1.13

River: ($4.66, 2 players) 8<font color='red'>♦</font>
SB bets $1.13, Hero calls $1.13

SB wins $6.58

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh, against the shorty, just shove it in preflop.

Delvuter

Delvuter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why in position do we want to check on the flop? Because we want a free card. Why do we want a free card? We missed the flop and now we want to see the turn cheaply to try and hit. If we miss the turn why are we calling villain bet? We shouldn't, we should fold. I do not fall in love with a single pair and you shouldn't either. He knows there is an A on board, he doesn't seem to care. Then to make matters worse we call the river bet. Shove pre to his 3-bet or fold.

I mean we didn't miss the flop, but yeah a single pair doesn't get me all excited, especially when the 3rd spade comes out. He might just as well hold a big sign out that says he he drawing to a flush. Of course if he had Kx not drawing to the flush or xx in his hand for that matter repping the flush it would be a mistake to not call his turn bet. So now I am back to being confused and don't know how to play it after the turn. I will default to saying I hate AQ, lite those cards on fire!!!!

...and you were drawing to a flush on the river. I hate this spot. Good thing a spade didn't river!

Last edited by a moderator:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why not shove pre?

And as played, shove flop. I mean, is there a card you're folding to on the turn? I don't understand what's going on. You need to come back to the polished poker thread. :)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if I can catchup with everything that's happened on that thread. For the moment i'm taking a break from studying and purely playing until things drop off.

I'll still watch vids at work breaks etc... Just playing tournies atm and cashing a decent chunk, just starting to get hungry for that big win :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can catch up. When you're ready. We're going to be starting some group sweats too, starting today actually. It's a great way to learn honestly.