$10 NLHE 6-max: $0.5/$0.10 NLHE Zoom 6-max I'm on the BB, my opponent raises preflop, I call, right?

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
$0.5/$0.10 NLHE Zoom 6-max I'm on the BB, my opponent raises preflop, I call, right?

I'm on the BB, the opponent raises preflop, I call, were my further actions in the game correct? :confused:

pokerstars Zoom, Hold'em No Limit - $0.05/$0.10 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

Railom (UTG): $10.77 (108 bb)
nocabala (MP): $18.23 (182 bb)
Mr_GlamoRouS (CO): $10.00 (100 bb)
fran4lizzi (BU): $150.64 (1506 bb)
RepetitorDaria (SB): $10.00 (100 bb)
strokin07 (BB): $10.97 (110 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.15) Hero (strokin07) is BB with T A
1 fold, nocabala (MP) raises to $0.25, 3 players fold, strokin07 (BB) calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.55) K Q J (2 players)
strokin07 (BB) checks, nocabala (MP) checks

Turn: ($0.55) 6 (2 players)

River: ($0.55) 6 (2 players)

Total pot: $0.55 (Rake: $0.02)

Showdown:
nocabala (MP) mucks K A (two pair, Kings and Sixes)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 69%, Flop: 0%, Turn: 0%, River: 0%)

strokin07 (BB) shows T A (a Royal Flush)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 31%, Flop: 100%, Turn: 100%, River: 100%)

strokin07 (BB) wins $0.53

Last edited:
puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think you may have been able to squeeze some value out of your villain by betting small on the flop

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your hand is definitely a call, you can mix in a 3 bet to differing percentages depending on how villain plays.

On the flop I agree with the previous poster, you should definitely be looking to pick up some value here. Very seldom do we flop a flush and you have the best one... but this flop still smashes villains range. He will have lots of pocket pairs and broadway cards which make trips and two pair here pretty often. I would look to 70% pot as is, and try and get some money from his made hands and draws alike.

Turn is probably a 33% bet or so. may as well keep betting, I don't for see villain taking the lead if you check over to him so try and build the pot yourself.

If he's still in by they river, overbet/ jam, he will have a lot of full houses with the board paring and you can look to play a 200BB plus hand with the stone cold NUTS!!!

LevySystem

LevySystem

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you could have done much here.

I generally dislike the idea of having a donking-range as on that board you're literally saying: "I'm capped pre and I don't care if you have Topset -> I have a flush." There will be enough players that actually bet theire AK here in a vacuum.
VS this specific villain, who plays more carefull donking might be a valuable strategy but you won't get 3 streets out of him anyway. So you're looking for playing the hand x/r on the flop and representing the FD Imo as a standard. (If he wants to jam it so be it) then check turn and hope the board pairs to then lead out on the river expecting a jam if he actually didnt jam his set otf.

Just unlucky imo.

Last edited:
G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your hand is definitely a call, you can mix in a 3 bet to differing percentages depending on how villain plays.

On the flop I agree with the previous poster, you should definitely be looking to pick up some value here. Very seldom do we flop a flush and you have the best one... but this flop still smashes villains range. He will have lots of pocket pairs and broadway cards which make trips and two pair here pretty often. I would look to 70% pot as is, and try and get some money from his made hands and draws alike.

Turn is probably a 33% bet or so. may as well keep betting, I don't for see villain taking the lead if you check over to him so try and build the pot yourself.

If he's still in by they river, overbet/ jam, he will have a lot of full houses with the board paring and you can look to play a 200BB plus hand with the stone cold NUTS!!!
This

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beautifull had Konstantin,but you should 3 bet him and make a Cbet,you louse so much value with your RF because you didnt have the iniciative and didnt wanted to get it(at the Turn it was going to be very hard that vilain call you with out a hart)

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I think you may have been able to squeeze some value out of your villain by betting small on the flop

I don't think you could have done much here.

I generally dislike the idea of having a donking-range as on that board you're literally saying: "I'm capped pre and I don't care if you have Topset -> I have a flush." There will be enough players that actually bet theire AK here in a vacuum.
VS this specific villain, who plays more carefull donking might be a valuable strategy but you won't get 3 streets out of him anyway. So you're looking for playing the hand x/r on the flop and representing the FD Imo as a standard. (If he wants to jam it so be it) then check turn and hope the board pairs to then lead out on the river expecting a jam if he actually didnt jam his set otf.

Just unlucky imo.

Thank you guys for your wise advice, in general, I agree with all of you, I really needed to make a small bet on the flop somewhere around 25-30%, and then act on the circumstances. Guys, I also wanted to add what should be taken into account, and the fact that this is, after all, a cash game and most players play very carefully here, unlike other games and freerolls. ;)

Last edited:
strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Beautifull had Konstantin,but you should 3 bet him and make a Cbet,you louse so much value with your RF because you didnt have the iniciative and didnt wanted to get it(at the Turn it was going to be very hard that vilain call you with out a hart)

Freddy in this situation, in my opinion, I could try to get a little money out of the opponent only on the flop, again this is only my opinion and only mine. It should also be noted that this is a cash game and most players play very carefully here, unlike freerolls. Thanks nonetheless for Freddy’s good advice. ;)

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you guys for your wise advice, in general, I agree with all of you, I really needed to make a small bet on the flop somewhere around 25-30%, and then act on the circumstances. Guys, I also wanted to add what should be taken into account, and the fact that this is, after all, a cash game and most players play very carefully here, unlike other games and freerolls. ;)

I’m literally in your player pool but feel free to check a Royal Flush down as often as you would like lol

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Strokin, you are making bad conclusion. You definitely shouldn't bet on the flop, on this flop you should check 100% of your range. Don't only think about your hand, think about your range. This flop is good for villain, he has more nut flush than you, because you 3bet a lot of suited aces. Villain also has more straights and sets on you. You never can have balanced donking range here, that will be profitable. Don't donk this flop.

However you could bet on the turn. A lot of players never bet flush with 8h or 9h, but they will call you down with those hands. For those reasons you should have bet turn and river for value.

Also, ATs should be 3bet preflop most of the time.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strokin, you are making bad conclusion. You definitely shouldn't bet on the flop, on this flop you should check 100% of your range. Don't only think about your hand, think about your range. This flop is good for villain, he has more nut flush than you, because you 3bet a lot of suited aces. Villain also has more straights and sets on you. You never can have balanced donking range here, that will be profitable. Don't donk this flop.

However you could bet on the turn. A lot of players never bet flush with 8h or 9h, but they will call you down with those hands. For those reasons you should have bet turn and river for value.

Also, ATs should be 3bet preflop most of the time.

I used to not like money too. Please check this flop so I don't have to play for a stack on the river with 4 to a flush and a boarded pair. Checking the flop makes really difficult decisions much easier on later streets because there isn't that much money in the pot to begin with.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I used to not like money too. Please check this flop so I don't have to play for a stack on the river with 4 to a flush and a boarded pair. Checking the flop makes really difficult decisions much easier on later streets because there isn't that much money in the pot to begin with.

Again, you are thinking about about your current hand only. Step back and stop thinking about one hand. Think about ranges and how you should play your range vs villain's range.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Again, you are thinking about about your current hand only. Step back and stop thinking about one hand. Think about ranges and how you should play your range vs villain's range.

That's incredibly condescending, HU4ROLLZ?

I think attacking his range here gets the most value. The same hands he calls a x/r with he calls a donk with. Most hands are going to fold on the turn given removal, trips wouldn't bet but a degen might call and anything that made it to the river you're stacking because of how many flushes would have folded so its a Full House.

You gain the most EV from attacking his range IMO, as previously said

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a 2.5x open from MP and a flat from BB ranges are so wide most hands are either being folded out by a donk bet or a c bet respectively. You make your money playing the other 10% or whatever it is of hands that carry on after the flop. You gave villain a free card and an easy fold. Plus a hud would show you how often he C bets here anyway, which given how he checked back AK, I would have known it was on me to build the pot from the beginning.

I'd be interested to see the line you would want to take, how it interacts with their range and your range on each street and what the desired outcome of each action would be... I have told you mine in the previous posts and they have been based upon perceived ranges from each position and you just responded with a condescending comment

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ATs is the only hand he has a straight with, ATo is pretty loose. you’re going to have many more T9s and T9o, he will barely have any unless he’s a complete whale. But Villain does have more trips. You’ll have more two pair which I wouldn’t x/r on this flop. Anything you carry on with will be somewhat nutted no matter what action you take same maybe x/c x/f turn which would be the second most common game tree here.

This hand is either very small or very big, no one is calling with a 9 or an 8 of H when the 6 hits the turn, even if that have 2 hearts but they would probs c bet flop and fold turn. A of hearts is also within villains range so if we don’t have it we’re hoping to draw at a boarded pair for a FH or were folding. And stacks are still going in on the river.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beautiful flop, I think I would have bet something on the turn, just for the thrill of getting the best possible hand from Texas Poker Holdem. Although betting in this case, eliminates most valuable hands. Maybe I can continue some set, but in general in these places, you will get very little value in the future streets. So in this point, we can try to get some money, considering that the villain dominates us in position.
Greetings.