How to beat nl$10, this isnt a book......
So be kind. (Full Ring Players only
Background : With a $1,000+ BR most of it winning from sit and go's and MTTs I decided after fiddleing around with nl50 I decided to build myself a nl ring game, starting on nl5 and moving to nl10. Im gonna call nl5 really an non-entity, I got enough out of that level within 1K hands to move to nl10. Here was where the grind started.
First off, this is the level where ppl that win money from freeroll generally start off, its where people recover after taking shots at higher limits, and its where you find beginning players. You also find the occasional decent player (like I was at that level) learning the game, and learning some decent concepts.
There are some very improantant things to be aware of on these tables.
1) ALWAYS buy in for the full amount if you want to use some of these tips
2) ALWAYS attempt to see a cheap flop with all small pairs from all postions, even if it means calling a raise. Try not to get squeezed, and be aware if there is many players to a flop youll need to improve to a set or better to continue post flop. If you flop a set, then lead it, bet out, dont get tricky with it.
3) Playing AK/AQ, raise from all postions, only c-bet a missed flop against a single opponent, be perpared to check/fold missed flops against aggression.
4) AJ/A10/KQ/KJ and other marginal hands need to be raised with postion, dump these hands routinely from EP, again only c-bet a missed flop against a single opponent.
5) AA/KK/QQ Get as much money in pre-flop as is possible, dont get tricky, re-raise enough to pot committ yourself with AA/KK if the pot is raised ahead of you. Be aware that if you have AA on an KK2 board and your facing resistance, your beat, fold.
6) Dont bluff, semi-bluff. Bluffing
is a waste of time as is fancy plays, if your gonna bluff make sure its when your holding a nut flush draw or an oesd.
7) Dont check raise, lead your monster hands. People on nl10 assume that if you lead a KKA flop with KQ that you dont have the goods, where as if you check-raise they always give you the credit (funny but true).
A lot of this stuff is extremly transparent on higher limits, but using a basic strategy like the one above will help to increase your winrate. Remember flopped monsters need to have you stack in the middle, think of all them times that your massive bets were called with unimproved overpairs, why think that they wont do the same when you flop the nut flush.
Comments welcome. BTW this an unthought out thread, 10 mins work, critize at will.