Originally Posted by WVHillbilly
1. It's the 18th, did my book ship out today?
2. Did you ever resolve your amateur status issue so you could go back to playing competitive golf?
3. Who, if anyone, were you most afraid would take you up on the golf/poker challenge?
4. What's the biggest single thing you think small stakes players will gain by reading your new book?
5. With the new addition to the family (congrats) are you getting any sleep?
1. We changed it to the 19th for shipping awhile back. All systems are on the go and there doesn't appear to be any more delays.
2. I lost in Federal court after representing myself. Basically the judge said that the USGA totally screwed me, but that I had no legal recourse. He can only enforce the law, which he did. The judge likened my situation to a church who excommunicated a member for an unfair reason. While it sucks for that person and what the church did was clearly wrong, it is not necessarily a Federal court judge's duty to intervene. Hope that makes sense.
3. Rocco Mediate and I would have had a dog fight if we played. I wouldn't rule a match between the two of us out someday. I would actually be surprised if it never happened.
4. An understanding of how to run their poker business as well as some fundamental poker strategies that will last them a lifetime. Think of it this way. You could be the most talented baseball player in the world, but if you don't know what hitting coaches to see, what team to play for, don't know how to negotiate your contract, don't know how to manage your money or your time etc. etc. will all that talent just go to waste? In my opinion there is an excellent chance that that ball player will at the very least spend half his career trying to figure everything out or at the most, will never make it. My book will teach you to get the most out of the least.
5. Actually I've been sleeping pretty well. We have had excellent family support through this trying period.