You've won a year of free coaching but....

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You've won a year of free 1-on-1 coaching with a pro poker player....but when you're informed of who it is you realize that this is the one poker pro that you dislike the most.

Who would this player be and why do you dislike them? Would you turn down the coaching?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
honestly, i don't need coaching, i have learnt a lot. what i really need is luck.

H

hanski4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take it no mater what player it is. I think that the player i dislike the most is Scott Siever from what i have seen i just don't like him a lot but i would still take the chance

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know how can you like or dislike someone if you never have have meet or talk to him or her. Maybe that couch is really nice and good person, but you have wrong impression about him. I would give him a chance, and after few meetings will decide what to do.

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really know anything about any of the newer pros besides Jonathan Little (is he new?). I can't really think of any pro from any era that I dislike. I'd take it for sure. You can never learn too much.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For what I see on tournaments on TV and interviews, I would say it is Phill Hellmuth, but of course I would love to have a coaching with him..lol

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks for the perspective, everyone. For me personally, I would take the offer from just about everyone out there with the exception of Mike Matusow. His recent rants and threats in the wsop this year would make me avoid having anything to do with him.

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Desire for knowledge should kill personal animus toward dislike someone. When you are talking about pro, the ways they arrived for might be well regarded as well as viewed with a dose of skepticism, but their coaching ideation and approach to the students may be regarded in an entirely new light.

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tony G. - He is a real talker. Phil Hellmuth buckles to him on videos regularly. I would talk smack back to this ridiculous ogre. Will Kassouf doesn't hold a candle to this guy.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You've won a year of free 1-on-1 coaching with a pro poker player....but when you're informed of who it is you realize that this is the one poker pro that you dislike the most.

Who would this player be and why do you dislike them? Would you turn down the coaching?
Would not matter who the coaching was from I am as stubborn as a mule even if like the person would say no thanks,
I would not use it and try and sell the coaching to somebody else for half price maybe less or just forget about it if it was a hard sell.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesnt matter who is the coach because I am not interested to take that offer

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably hellmuth since he has a tendency to get pissy at things easily.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I would accept a free year with a professional player, you have everything to learn new situations, maybe by getting to know him better it will become to your liking. You are already learning something: put aside prejudices, bad feelings, in favor of your learning in favor of improving your poker. The wise take what works and leave what doesn't. It is also said that what you don't like about others is what you don't like about yourself, a mirror to learn! You are seeing yourself reflected in Him

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would take it, learn from it and make it nightmare for him :D
TBH noone I dislike so, how could if never met