Your Poker Environment

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Where do you usually play online poker (physically)? Behind your desk? And if so, do you keep your desk clean, organized, etc.? If so, does it help you concentrate? Are there any other things that you do with your environment to make your poker experience more comfortable for yourself?

And if you don't do these things, do you feel that it hurts your play or not at all?

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ответ

I always play online, not on the table and lying on the couch I find it relaxes me.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play at the table. But sometimes I like to lie on the couch with a laptop.:)

BuzzKillington

BuzzKillington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Doesn't lying on the couch hurt your performance? Just curious. Maybe the opposite is the case.

I always sit behind my desk and try to shut down any distractions as much as possible. I do need to be a bit more organized, though.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my room as messy as is tidy enough to safely walk (so not mess enough to trip on things but messy enough that you'd puke if you had OCD)

In fact I think I have the opposite of claustrophobia. No, not agoraphobia, I'm not scared of open spaces it's just... I feel so safe when I'm trapped. It's f***ing weird I know. So I enjoy when there's clutter in my room and everything feels close to me rather than a lot of empty room. Whenever I've fully tidied my room I feel really on edge so much so I will take clothes out of my drawer and thrown them on the ground around me to make me feel enclosed.

I feel safer with things around me, don't know why I just do. So My desk is cluttered but there's always enough room to move the mouse and clearly view the screen. I use hotkeys for multitable grinding so left hand needs access to keyboard. I totally zone out of reality and the rest of my room disappears and all I see are the poker tables and the music helps me not have anything else to think about in dry periods of the game.

I hate full tidiness and believe I will always be semi messy my whole life. If I ever work somewhere that doesn't let me clutter my desk, I'll quit the job. You think I'm joking? I am deadly serious. I need to feel free when I work, it's essential for me to feel like everything about the working environment is to my liking and not to some superior boss or something. I will literally keep empty bottles on my desk just to feel cosier.

J

Jordenandrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sit on the couch with the tv on or the bedroom with Netflix on the cellphone has to be clean if it's dirty I tend to clean and forget about the poker game.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I got a laptop in a chair in my living room. I usually have youtube going.

nyjah0

nyjah0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A computer in my room, watching any videos or play music if I'm multi tabling.

Z

zavvt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clean desk only now, fell asleep once running good on tournament laying on the couch...

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have my room as messy as is tidy enough to safely walk (so not mess enough to trip on things but messy enough that you'd puke if you had OCD)

In fact I think I have the opposite of claustrophobia. No, not agoraphobia, I'm not scared of open spaces it's just... I feel so safe when I'm trapped. It's f***ing weird I know. So I enjoy when there's clutter in my room and everything feels close to me rather than a lot of empty room. Whenever I've fully tidied my room I feel really on edge so much so I will take clothes out of my drawer and thrown them on the ground around me to make me feel enclosed.

I feel safer with things around me, don't know why I just do. So My desk is cluttered but there's always enough room to move the mouse and clearly view the screen. I use hotkeys for multitable grinding so left hand needs access to keyboard. I totally zone out of reality and the rest of my room disappears and all I see are the poker tables and the music helps me not have anything else to think about in dry periods of the game.

I hate full tidiness and believe I will always be semi messy my whole life. If I ever work somewhere that doesn't let me clutter my desk, I'll quit the job. You think I'm joking? I am deadly serious. I need to feel free when I work, it's essential for me to feel like everything about the working environment is to my liking and not to some superior boss or something. I will literally keep empty bottles on my desk just to feel cosier.
Sounds like hoarding to me, and that is completely unsafe and unsanitary, you need to seek professional help.

Please don't be too offended by my comments, most hoarders don't know they are hoarders, they just think they are keeping keepsakes, memories, clothing that they think will come back in fashion, broken electronics that they think they can repair but never get around to doing it.
I could go on.
If you recognize the above symptoms of hoarding, from one human being to another, please get some help.

Last edited:
vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a stationary computer can not be carried anywhere and you have to play at the table, throwing your legs

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds like hoarding to me, and that is completely unsafe and unsanitary, you need to seek professional help.

Please don't be too offended by my comments, most hoarders don't know they are hoarders, they just think they are keeping keepsakes, memories, clothing that they think will come back in fashion, broken electronics that they think they can repair but never get around to doing it.
I could go on.
If you recognize the above symptoms of hoarding, from one human being to another, please get some help.

When it gets too packed I throw out a big black bags worth. But yes I probably have symptoms of hoarding. Especially if it mattered a lot to me the item.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in bed with my laptop is the best.

reyand14

reyand14

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
clean and organized so much as possible

Stepgov

Stepgov

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Something like...
200.webp
:D:D

M

marakhovskii

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My desk is always in perfect cleanliness and there is always room for a cup of coffee and chocolates on it

Vlad symrak

Vlad symrak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never played live on the money, but I want to fill the gap in the near future and only in Russia!!!

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I usually play poker with my tablet or my laptop ... however with my tablet I can move anywhere in my house without any problem ... and try to be as comfortable as possible ... so sometimes I play in my room lying on my bed ... or sometimes I play in a big armchair in the living room ...

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a comfortable game I need:
1. Comfortable armchair.
2. Good lighting.
3. Heat.
4. Energy drink (I play at night)

subaru16162

subaru16162

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my desk almost 100% of the time. Feel more focused and play better than sat on my smartphone.

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch