Does Your Family Help or Hinder When You Play?

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very bad when you get your attention during a poker game but after all your family can help you by bringing you some snacks and juice

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah my family love it when I play poker.
And yes they do get me goodies while I play.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most importantly, do not interfere. So you can safely play.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, my family. God willing they live a long time. The games I can count of the top of my head are these.

My kids/ and ex were 1 day making so much noise during the bubble of the "Sunday Million" that I lost all train of thought and seen absurd numbers (The blinds, seemed bigger than they really were) and because of that I shoved A.I, which than lead me to becoming the bubble boy.

Another time, my brother (I always have my log-Info auto) on the poker-sites. So on a certain Sunday (Few years back), my brother came to my house on Saturday and he knew I played poker, and I worked hard on my B.R on Stars at the time. So he was bugging and bugging me to allow him to play with my money, and I was like nah, anyways I went to bed. Woke up the next day my B.R was "Busto", lol. He apologized left and right, but It was really a bad day.

Few years ago I was Chip leader of a 80k GTD with less than 100 to go. I was doing well and doing my thing and In the zone, and than (I don't know why), my wife came over and asked "What I was playing for"? To which I showed here the "Tourney Lobby", It was like $17k- $25k or something of that nature, so seeing that number she stuck to me like glue, and even forced me to fold A10s/AKo/JJ and I busted In 30th spot.

Needless to say my family has been an eye-sore to me when It comes to poker, but It's my fams, what can I can.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The main thing that poker does not interfere with the family !! We must devote time and family, the game can not be more than your family! You can always get up from the table and join the general family matters!

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well my kids cant understand it and many times i am not focused on my game.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the seed should be the first place it is 100% !!! seed can not interfere with play poker !!! This poker can interfere with the family !!!

A

AdnanDam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good man so you welcom in our familly play poker loool

D

DrakeM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If family is rather a hindrance to you while playing Poker and a tournament is really important to you, you best find a silent place to play.

I dont think that you gonna have much success in a game when you are playing with one eye only

HAMC81

HAMC81

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they hinder for the most part... ive tried explaining but they dont get it

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It messes up a lot. I need concentration and stay talking in the ear

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my wife is the best,,she leaves me alone while i play and she brings me stuff,,,like a drink or a snack,,and my kids are very well behaved,so they are no prob. im a very lucky guy:D

Rinat Akhmadullin

Rinat Akhmadullin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I do not have a family, but my girlfriend does not go around the house from time to time, thus diverting me from the game.

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, I love when my girlfriend likes to try and lay in my arms while I play and becomes an armchair quarterback, needless to say, I don't know if its the attention distraction or what but it drives me crazy. I think she got the point the other day when I threw my laptop across the room when I busted out on the bubble of a bigger tourney

diadiavalik

diadiavalik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family is okay with my poker games, and when I warn about the tournament, try not to interfere with me.

B

bumerangue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family supports me, but the one who keeps me is my wife, she helps me, feed me and support me and i have a bad beat hahaha

Bodomovac

Bodomovac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody in my family is thrilled when they see me play except for my brother because he also likes to play poker.

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My family does not approve of playing poker, afraid that I will lose the house, but if I win 4$ in the family, a holiday for the whole day=))

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I get distracted, but it's not critical. In general, no one bothers me.

A

Allmine79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Certain family members support me playing and others simply think I'm nothing more then a gambler.

X MaCs X

X MaCs X

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family!.... LOL

I have my Mom and Dad in my home, along with my 1 year old son and GF, Ive lost a plenty of games for the at home responsibilities at home. :p