Your best quality as a poker player?

GreGo

GreGo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
At the first blush, there is a huge, sometimes unreasonably allocated qualities of the perfect poker player. These qualities firstly were presented and described by Barry Greenstein in 2005.

Among other things: sense of humour, nobility, pride, sociability, insensitivity, optimistic, independency, manipulation skills, stinginess, persistence, selfishness, margin of safety, aggressiveness, desire to win, insight, fearlessness, ability to think under the pressure, meticulousness, motivation, memory strength, emotional control, quickness, honestly to oneself, willpower and discipline.

Yep, it's kind of ideally pictured person)
A lot of these personality traits contradict each other. But this gaves me one logic answer: perfect poker player - flexible poker player.

My strongest "friends" at the table is:
Sense of humour, persistence and manipulation.
Let's get to know yours? :rolleyes:

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, my greatest quality as a poker player, is a very good control of the bank, I never play at very high limits.
Although I would like to play tournaments of 10 and 15 dollars, I have won money in freerolls and tournaments, but due to financial problems, I almost always have to make withdrawals, for that reason it has not allowed me to go up to play at those levels, but I hope very soon no longer have the need to make withdrawals.

gl mate :)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

My best qualities are that I play fearless, and that I am very good at reading other players in live games. My worst quality is impatience.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a lot of patience, I do not get carried away by emotions and that helps me a lot to develop well in tournaments:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my opinion, the perfect game of poker is when you not only make money from the game, but also have fun.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your best quality as a poker player?
Nice post think experience,timing yourself using bankroll wisely and being accustomed to and enjoying the struggle is the most important thing for a player the good, bad and ugly experiences also and how you react and come back from them they all define a player.

GreGo

GreGo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my greatest quality as a poker player, is a very good control of the bank, I never play at very high limits.
Although I would like to play tournaments of 10 and 15 dollars, I have won money in freerolls and tournaments, but due to financial problems, I almost always have to make withdrawals, for that reason it has not allowed me to go up to play at those levels, but I hope very soon no longer have the need to make withdrawals.

Hey, no withdrawals, no progress!
Gl to you:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks to my experience playing in the microstakes mtts, i can confidently say that i have helped 1000s players increase their chances winning an mtt.

for example: when i 3bet jam 35+ bbs with queens, 4 spots from the final table, only to get snap called by big stack with j9o and their hand holds.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 - patience
+2 - intuition
+3 - high IQ, but not sure it can hepl:))

- 1 - non-aggressive
- 2 - able to tilt
- 3 - non-listen to my intuition
- 4 - call on preflop with weak card and no position(
-5 - desire to check for bluffing)

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
quality

my best quality as aplayer is that im a good looser lol

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that at the initial stage of the game of poker for me (I have been playing for a year) - for now, patience. And I hope that the situation will change for the better. Based on this, I believe that my quality is restraint.

V

volare85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a little subjective question but I know how to double up my stake on cash or tournament,also I do not keep that easiest...

P

Puerta2005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmmmmm that i play all the differents mix games, but i am a dummy that i can not fold.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the first blush, there is a huge, sometimes unreasonably allocated qualities of the perfect poker player. These qualities firstly were presented and described by Barry Greenstein in 2005.

Among other things: sense of humour, nobility, pride, sociability, insensitivity, optimistic, independency, manipulation skills, stinginess, persistence, selfishness, margin of safety, aggressiveness, desire to win, insight, fearlessness, ability to think under the pressure, meticulousness, motivation, memory strength, emotional control, quickness, honestly to oneself, willpower and discipline.

Yep, it's kind of ideally pictured person)
A lot of these personality traits contradict each other. But this gaves me one logic answer: perfect poker player - flexible poker player.

My strongest "friends" at the table is:
Sense of humour, persistence and manipulation.
Let's get to know yours? :rolleyes:

Patience to wait for the right spot
Creativity in choosing the best action
Conversation to tilt opponents behavior to benefit me (like you say about manipulation)

Fun game out there :D

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm you make me think about this. Sence of humour yes and memory. But also my worse is self control and burn outs. Sometimes someone take me out of my shoes i want to scream so badly. .

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
as for playing online, I think you need to be not only flexible, but also frostbitten on the whole head, if this is a tournament or a cash game, you can not give up, any wrong move can lead to a shortage, a hundred times I catch myself on the fact that if I did not give in and continued my aggressive line, the deal or draw would be mine.:bandit:

S

shanegkess

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Legendary Bankroll Management

Legend:D gets it right. bankroll management is more important than everything and it's where most of us struggle. There is no place for unneeded greed and fear at the table so pick the right games and work up incrementally.

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my best quality is cashing. I cash a lot, my worst quality is that i get angry easily

PC91

PC91

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am patient, and once I go all-in I have the best hand 90% of the time.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience and know when to fold my losing hand and as such ,saving few chips that at the end of the session will make the difference

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mine Are

Patience is one I have now, at least to a degree. The one I’m learning is emotional release after a bad beat or tilt control. Need to do better.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It happens that the opponent takes time to get into the number of winners. I can help him, too, by spending more time thinking than I should. If an opponent offers a deal at the final table, I can meet him halfway, even if I see that I already beat him.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. My best quality is patience and my bankroll management. I’m also happy that I stopped getting upset when I don’t win, instead I go over my hand history and replay them. :)

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best & most important quality to have naturally is definitely patience.
The ins & outs of poker can be learned over time with practice but without patience you can go broke pretty quickly:cool: