Are you supertitious playing poker?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my superstition and having to play with my amulet that is a cordon of St. George, without him I get lost in the game.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a shirt I always wear! it's my amulet

Z

Zhud

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
amulet amulet, but still below from the bottom

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I am superstitious with other people , like negative or positive energy ..Sounds like nonsense thing probably it is but I don't appreciate people who always complaining and distracting me, to be around when I play.

Last edited:
Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always change my seat position in online poker. Don’t know why. Just do. I guess if I run bad for a while I’ll change it again.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have supertitions when playing, what I do have are certain considerations.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While cashing out, from a cash game one day, one of the tellers asked if I wanted a 50 dollar bill, because a lot of people dont like 50's, stating that they're bad luck. I said no sense of me rocking the boat. From that day I didnt carry any 50 dollar bills in my wallet.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a little better than a beginner, but I do not have any amulets. I'm not superstitious! =)

T

tb87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Our minds are always seeking answers to questions we cant answer like luck, superstitions etc. I've had it go both ways where you really want something to happen and it does, or sometimes it just doesn't even thought the conditions were the same. I will knock on wood sometimes but thats about it.

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no superstition, but I do not like playing with people around.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all..no real superstition except awareness if runnin bad on a cash table change,move sitout..tourneys no choice....thanks darrell

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing needed but a positive mood. Don't take much stock into superstition, earth alignment or trinkets.

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly! All we need is a good mood, awareness and motivation to play a good poker.
Nothing needed but a positive mood. Don't take much stock into superstition, earth alignment or trinkets.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, I really don't have any superstitions at the poker table.

K

Kassandra677

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not play very well, but I try to work on mistakes, there is no talisman, only the cat on the avatar)):)

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was at the final table of the tournament used to listen to the same song.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never in the game don't use no amulets rely only on themselves and their brains.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play with the same glasses and t-shirt...but i don't consider myself superstitious, just a creature of habit and rythyms

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not superstitious but I like to be in a comfortable state of mind. The biggest hand I have been in (and lost) was about $3,500 at the $5/10 I was panicked beyond physiological comprehension. I also don't like registering early for a big tourney because it makes me breathe heavily at the table even online in the comfort of my own home.

I think being superstitious is silly but celebrating before a hand is over is borderline asking for trouble so I never do it.

Jim Stone

Jim Stone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lucky Hat

I have a lucky hat. Like in the movie Over the Top with Sly Rocky. He turns on his power when turning his cap backwards. I like to think that it holds in my knowledge also. I've actually had a few lucky hats. FYI, putting in dishwasher does a fantastic job of cleaning without shrinkage.:D

pink_floyd67

pink_floyd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I act as if I am not but deep down i am VERY superstitious.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
When I was at the final table of the tournament used to listen to the same song.
Actually, I think this is not supersticious. It is just a habit, that makes you feel good at the table. Supersticiousness is something else, like believing that you always loose with Aces or something like this.
I am usually not supersticious. Well, I am aware of repeating patterns in live.
You will always look about 11:11 o'clock at your watch for example...:D

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really beleive in superstition much and i think its okay to have a lucky something but try to not think that a certain table or a certain thing is making you lose...luck and unluckiness come and go as quickly as a gust of wind and can change even quicker...try to focus on playing your strong range and making sound decisions and it wintw matter what shirt you wear lol

R

Rivaud

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a group of card protectors that I rotate depending on how I've been running any given week/month etc. For example I have a knockoff lego Batman that has a batarang, I'll switch which hand the batarang is in during a tournament if things haven't gone my way. My newest one is a PocketPoP Groot!

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, on 888 I do. Whenever I have half a x9 level there, I play tight, tight, tight. Why? Every single time I got to 9, 19, 29, 39, 49.. etc, the suckout hands started pouring down on me. Every single time, like clock-work. That's why I have this 'superstition" of being extra careful with those numbers.