Are You Superstitious?

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Other than making sure I'm a favorite in the games I'm playing, I don't follow any superstitions. If you can't spot the sucker at your table, it's probably you!

GL at the tables! :cool:

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am I have bad cards I get that I feel I must play and depending on position and current pot have a hard time folding. I usually get cured of this affliction by losing all my chips :)

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Superstitions are for those who cant create their own luck.

So no. I believe if I cant play on the spot without going through a ritual or have to wear my fav coloured undies, then I will never be good enough.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Superstitions are for those who cant create their own luck.

So no. I believe if I cant play on the spot without going through a ritual or have to wear my fav coloured undies, then I will never be good enough.
Nice one. U have point there we create own luck. :)

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol to get "enemy" just cuz you are not superstitious. :D
It's up to you we can agree or not but i respect your opinion!
Cheers!

:D thank you, i respect both sides as well :)
by "enemies" i meant the way i explained myself, it sounded more like degradation, that was just, lets say, professional opinion :) cheers :)

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only superstition I believe has any relevance at all is this one:

Otherwise I put no stock in any type of superstition whatsoever.

R

Rafael Lima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! Always that my girlfriend see I playing I loose!! hahahaha

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not in poker but in other things.. like the saying..see a penny.. pick it up..all day long you'll have good luck..(but they say only do it if its on heads..)

I

I2jr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have any issues playing poker, other things in life, but not poker.

V

vassiriki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well kinda yes but more in a statistical way. like if i have 33s at a late stage of a tournament and if i have less than 10 bbs, when i go all in with those kind of low pairs i always think i'll be beat up against two bigger cards. of course it's a coin flip but i always have the fear that those cards'll turn around. in other words, i'm pessimistic on those situations

jingler

jingler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"People think a rabbit’s foot is lucky. It wasn’t lucky for the rabbit" Doyle Brunson. Superstition is a weakness, but the magic numbers 777, 555 quite common.

shody

shody

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i started playing poker i was superstitious with A8 it was my lucky combination first 2-3 months all in,all in with no fear,after some months i stopped doing that because "lucky combination'' didnt work anymore :),so now im not superstitious with anything.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny you do this topic because I would do it myself. Lol In the beginning, when playing 2 or 3 tables it happened to come in the same hands of 2 tables equal cards in each one. And I kept thinking: Does pokerstars want to tell me anything? Hahaha But this in the beginning, I know that today has nothing to do. But what happens to me a lot, I know, to have a feeling about some card before playing, especially with cards down. Sometimes I bet and it gives super right hahaha. I know it, inexplicable things.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And to talk about it, a situation happened yesterday. He was playing late at night, and very sleepy. When I apparently saw in the opponent's hand an 8 Q. And it was actually 88. Next hand comes 8 and Q for me to play. Then I was kind of superstitious. The flop comes 88Q. Is this a coincidence or not?

VoukaGl

VoukaGl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand about what superstition might say in the game where an important place is given to mathematics :confused: , but for example one my friend plays any hand with a Queen of spades because he thinks that she brings him luck :rolleyes:

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious.
I do not like to think that luck rules my steps and decisions.
At the tables I like to analyze the circumstances and take my risk of my own volition.

bizarez

bizarez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not superstitious more than yes. But when prolonged variance, when not rushing, when I want to throw everything to the devil - then I start to be superstitious, then it seems that some realties "sign" tells what to do - then superstition tightens;)

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No. There's a rational explanation. All built on formulas. The main thing to understand them.

M

marinaki85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes iam..my favorite number is 3..so when i have pocket 33,i m so happy ..and confident..

D

Dmitrii Kopylov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, I don't believe in superstitions, I think that it is a fiction to justify any event

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other then liking a certain seat I do not have any.

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not superstitious too.it all depends on ourselves