Are you self-critical of your game?

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean, are you criticizing your way of playing, evaluating your hands, controlling statistics, or do you just come in and play?

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understand their gaming session. Try to detect errors - but never themselves do not criticize (I went through a period when I scolded myself for poorly played hand) does not make mistakes only one who does not do anything!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During play i mark some hands for which i am not sure that i player correctly for analysis at later stage. I also have statistics about the games that i win or loose and my bankroll state.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Helvec!
Yes, I am critical of my game, I think you always have to keep improving and not blame bad luck for your losses. I often try to watch replays of my hands, and think about how should I have approached them to better maximize my profits. Of course having fun and just going in and play is an option but from my experience I have more fun when I'm also winning something ;). Good luck at the tables!

MrAlabama

MrAlabama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During play i mark some hands for which i am not sure that i player correctly for analysis at later stage. I also have statistics about the games that i win or loose and my bankroll state.

self awareness is a good trait. don't be your own worst enemy. be forgiving to yourself for mistakes made and learn from those moments. know yourself to know your enemy

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am somewhat hard on myself, Mostly when I make a dumb call I know I should not call and do it anyway! I kick myself every time I do that. It's getting to be less and less I make that mistake! On the plus side, we learn from our mistakes!

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be in order to improve your game.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Yes, of course ... I always try to analyze some hands and I try to be very objective and hard with the way my game is played ... However, I tell you that at the beginning it was very difficult for me to be critical of myself ... blame the opponent's luck, thus justifying my lost hands ...! But now after several years playing poker I have learned to analyze my game in a very objective way .... and remember my friends even the biggest ones are sometimes wrong ...!

M

marfuki

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some degree of self-cirticism is okay, as long as it does not hinder your overall performance too much. On the contrary, I think over-confidence is much more dangerous. Better safe than sorry.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I analyze my game and my decisions to learn from mistakes and thus improve my skills.

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am very critical of my game. I analyze just about everything I can to try and spot leaks. It helps to post hands and get advice from other poker players who are non biased to the situation to make sure you are looking at the hand with a clear mind.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
After the game I am thinking what as good or bad and why. I try to compare it with older files and I am making my conclusions. It is pure logic!:flute:

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mean, are you criticizing your way of playing, evaluating your hands, controlling statistics, or do you just come in and play?
Yes, I am trying to get better so I study hands that I play and try to think about how I can play the scenario better next time. :)

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Like all or at least the people who want to improve their game, it is recommended to review and analyze the hands played to see errors committed in a game or tournament.

S

stephan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Definitely I criticize myself and it helps me to become a better player. The more you learn the better!;)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is good fun and I play when I have free time, but I always try to improve my game. Therefore, I usually critically evaluate my actions and my results.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Helvec!
Yes, I am critical of my game, I think you always have to keep improving and not blame bad luck for your losses. I often try to watch replays of my hands, and think about how should I have approached them to better maximize my profits. Of course having fun and just going in and play is an option but from my experience I have more fun when I'm also winning something ;). Good luck at the tables!

Great contribution gryllz_wins .. The same happens to me, that's why I wanted to know how other players act .. We have to constantly improve our game

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am somewhat hard on myself, Mostly when I make a dumb call I know I should not call and do it anyway! I kick myself every time I do that. It's getting to be less and less I make that mistake! On the plus side, we learn from our mistakes!

You always learn from the mistakes we make, you don't have to be so hard on yourself. Be positive and take mistakes as learning points to perfect your game. I went through the same thing.. Thanks for sharing, good luck at the tables:)

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am very critical of my game. I analyze just about everything I can to try and spot leaks. It helps to post hands and get advice from other poker players who are non biased to the situation to make sure you are looking at the hand with a clear mind.

It is so, personally, I was going through that situation and I was interested in knowing what others think. Thanks for sharing your ideas with us, good luck at the tables:)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I do not think that there is someone who does not criticize an unsuccessful action, given the circumstances in which it occurred.

Top 10 Games