Are You More Aggressive When Online or in a Live Game?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonderl, if when are playing online, are very aggressive, or when they are at live tables, playng aggressively, or prefer to be more careful with their chips.:confused: :confused:

J

Jnuttall26

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to play pretty conservative both live and online.

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing online

I wonderl, if when are playing online, are very aggressive, or when they are at live tables, playng aggressively, or prefer to be more careful with their chips.:confused: :confused:

Me I try to play tight much has possible and play a little aggressively after I get some chips. I don't go all in all every hand like most people do or go all in with an A rag. It drives me nuts when people just go all in with an A and they don't care what there other card is. Then they don't like it if I call with a 9,10 and I hit then they turn around call me a donkey. I was in a hand I had a 9,10 a guy called me with an A, J flop comes 9,2,5 I made a bet about 4 times the big blind and he called then the turn was an A I checked so did the other person then a ten comes out on the river I made a bet of 5 times the big blind and he called and I won the hand and he calls me a donkey but he did not raise before the flop. and I was in the big blind.

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me I try to play tight much has possible and play a little aggressively after I get some chips. I don't go all in all every hand like most people do or go all in with an A rag. It drives me nuts when people just go all in with an A and they don't care what there other card is. Then they don't like it if I call with a 9,10 and I hit then they turn around call me a donkey. I was in a hand I had a 9,10 a guy called me with an A, J flop comes 9,2,5 I made a bet about 4 times the big blind and he called then the turn was an A I checked so did the other person then a ten comes out on the river I made a bet of 5 times the big blind and he called and I won the hand and he calls me a donkey but he did not raise before the flop. and I was in the big blind.

often it happens that what you reported, many players make their bets the limit, no matter the result.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
liver or online has no bearing on my decision to play overly aggressive. "It depends" on the situation which involves a number of factors, namely 'how the other players are playing on the table'

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online...more aggressive
because of HUD...
live...no HUD, I am a ROCK.

cally

cally

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live for sure. Online is way easier to play tight without any real-life tells. I am also much comfortable playing live which comes into account, but learning the online game is also a great way to improve live skills.

I

iveyfan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am conservative when I play online... when I play in real life, I am ultra-conservative. I always realize that more people are generally aggressive online, and you can use that to your advantage at times

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Definitely online. Worry too much about tells in live game.

MAdesG

MAdesG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thinks that I am aggressive when I am online

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play more aggressive online than in a live tournament. In an online game, the maniac style I sometimes play would be pretty blatantly called disrespectful in a live game.

biaavia

biaavia

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know good its or not, but I play by 1 style both kinds))))))And have not bad resoults)))))

E

EdixonB95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thi k what online is more credible and best for bluff but the time maybe do take a quick and bad decisions

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel it is easier to play a more aggressive game playing live because you can read your opponent. Online I try to play a little more careful because I cant see their face.:D

olfabiolo

olfabiolo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to be the same both online live much more in the players know that the variance in online and much higher then we must always maintain a style of play.

D

Daidals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play online no one see when I get Aces on my hands, when I play live everyone knows that I got something good on my hand because I start to smile and start to do some weird things :D
Thanks God i play live only with my friends or study collegues
So definitely more agressive playing online

Space Ghost

Space Ghost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm TAG (tight-aggressive) both online and live.

Tight hand selection preflop makes postflop decisions easier. When I have it, I bet big to make drawing hands pay to try to hit their draws. You can't play w/ scared money or you will start getting exploited and allowing players to hit their crazy hands.

No difference online or live for me.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online or live doesn't really matter. My aggressiveness is based more on the other players at the table.

E

EdixonB95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think online is better for bluff because the villan can't see me, but is, ore difficult because i can't see him.
I think online and live have balance.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's better to mix up your play in live games bluff lots but try not to get caught doing it or you'll lose alott of your chips

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself much more aggressive in live than online. In the online time goes faster. Do not waste time with the dealer shuffling the cards.

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as for me -aggressive style of play does more good than loose, but in order to use correctly you need to thoroughly analyze the situation-the behavior of opponents hand strength,position.

• as for me -aggressive style of play does more good than loose, but in order to use correctly you need to thoroughly analyze the situation-the behavior of opponents hand strength,position.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play this yer my first live tournament...and i see the difference....when you play live you are more patience...in online tournament the aggressivity tace the patience place:p

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play this yer my first live tournament...and i see the difference....when you play live you are more patience...in online tournament the aggressivity tace the patience place:p

The maniac style i play online sometimes, shoving with ace high in position many times may be considered disrespectful live.

So yeah, i tend to be much more conservative playing live, and i consider that somehow a flaw.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games