You lose in online poker for hours?

J

Jkendrick888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try to take a break or the rest of the day off. Losing however is a part of the game. Just learn to deal with swings.

A

Abubakarovich

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play and at the same time do something else, then I lose. Therefore, I try to concentrate only on the game.

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good night, twice the bankroll. Still the second time, I treated poker as a recreation. And by the way, I believed that I was a good player hahahaa a joke.
After losing $ 25 a second time, I decided that if I was to play I would start studying and seeing poker with another vision!!!

copycutpaste

copycutpaste

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I lose 2 or 3 re-buys I close the game and find something else to do...maybe yard work or clean the house...give yourself some time to get over it...going on tilt or playing a little looser can end up costing you big...coming back from taking break you can refocus and see what happens...

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If things are going badly or you feel like this just won't be a winning day, then better just to quit and try again tomorrow. No one wins every day, and the time off will probably do you good. No reason to keep playing if you're frustrated or feel tilt coming on.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like i already loosing in online poker for years. Especially at pokerstars and partypoker. I really don,t understand, when this bad beats will end. I can,t win anything at all in poker and i understand, that this is not because i play bad, this is because soft killing me everytime. So what,s the point to try to improve my game, if soft killing me everytime?

bmw1983kaz

bmw1983kaz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you win then decide to leave, loose then decide to stay... on a regular basis, you got a problem.

M

mozg3333

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Many of the players correctly write about their mood for the game. Sometimes you play very wrong, you make silly mistakes, because you do not have the mood to play. At this point, it needs to be understood and it's better to leave the table, because you will lose everything.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You lose in online poker for hours?

They say it's good to play and do something different.
I do not stop, I still change my way of playing. style bluff less or more.

and what you do?
There are days when can't escape from losing no matter how you play; i lived these kind of days several times:mad:; that's it.... sometimes poker sucks:p:D; have to pass over... better days will come.;)

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the idea is that you acquire an idea of ​​your game then keep it but if you change your way of playing you will never find the way you will not always win but you will not always lose

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play to pass the time away and because it's fun. I just play freerolls which are pretty hard to win at. I'm trying to see if I can go from zero to 10,000.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The variance is always present in the game. You can play the lucrative mode, but still lose after one mouth. You need to just improve your game and take care of your mistakes, and just keep going.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm losing for more than three hours, I leave. Being stuck is never fun. Playing stuck for a long time leads most players to burn out and they quit the game

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We really have to be careful when we're losing.
Poker is a game of skill and also luck, I repeat and also luck.
I know it's hard, but the right thing when luck is not helping us is to stop playing.
Our ability does not change, it can vary a bit for better or worse.
Now our luck ... goes from 0 to 100 or rather fast.
Think that besides money poker will bring you pleasure and satisfaction.

I think it best to think well before throwing your money away!

Good game and always good luck to everyone!

^A^njo

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's too bad to lose, nobody likes it, is not it?

Each session is a session and each day is different from the other. We have to take into account what we did during the day before playing, which even stressed us and even changed our psyche state. All this and more can vary over hours and hours.

I believe in negative variance and positive variance, so we have to study and try to keep ourselves updated.
Even if free content is not so profligate, it already serves as the basis for a more solid and effective game.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This week was instructive again for me. Again the bankroll was merged into the Sit and go Hero(etc). the first day I got into downswing and continued to play. as a fact in the course of 2 hours all floated away. The next day I went up at the MtT's and continued to fight with the Sit and go Hero. again downswing for 2 hours and no bankroll. I had to slow down as felt tilt, but again tilt spat in my face. Everithing was against me. It's more than how you play or change yer strategy. I think that on the subconscious or the transfer of thoughts there for the tables.
Fk you mr. tilt!!!
and fk me that i messed up with you again!!!

Last edited:
F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try, again. And figure why ya lost an not repeat the same to happen, again...

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i'm losing because I'm playing bad...it'll probably take me 20 mins to realize i'm playing poorly and ill either stop or change tables which usually helps me to mentally reset and begin to play positive ev hours again. I still have the occasionall session that I play to win my lost money back and those hours are what burn me out on playing poker and i proceed to retire from the game for a month or two. When poker is fun, i play well...when its boring i make neg ev moves to make things more fun and end up being the spot on the table

A

Andrey Zubkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I change the direction of the game, the tournament, the cache, etc. Or I'm taking a break. This is useful for bank rolls

TruvyDog

TruvyDog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here are a few questions you should be asking yourself when you play for a long time and lose. Am I playing on the right buy-in level if its a tournament. The lower the buy-in, the worse the play is? So try a higher buy-in with better players, its easier to bluff a player who respects your play compared to a calling station who does pay attention or know any better. Am I setting up a solid table image and am I exploiting it? Try playing a little tighter in certain positions on the table. You might be leaking chips calling raises to see a flop with marginal hands in positions that you should have folded preflop. Some times play hands to min lose instead of a max gain. Remember not every hand is a winner. Call in some spots preflop instead of reraiseing and check call instead of betting. Trying different approaches to each hands yields different results verses some players.

Well stated in the different approaches. I do believe there are donks at every level though. You just never know what kind of day that player has had even if they are typically among the best.

TruvyDog

TruvyDog

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like i already loosing in online poker for years. Especially at Pokerstars and PartyPoker. I really don,t understand, when this bad beats will end. I can,t win anything at all in poker and i understand, that this is not because i play bad, this is because soft killing me everytime. So what,s the point to try to improve my game, if soft killing me everytime?

Maybe try a live game and see how you do? Try a different game? Different buy-ins? Change up some things with your playing style. Read some books on what other players do and try to make it your own. If all else fails, maybe poker isn't for you? Good luck either way!

M

Mepper95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I play 2 or 3 tournaments at the same time. When it goes real bad, I do not subscribe for other tournaments. Because I just get angry and play worse than normal. Sometimes it takes 2 to 3 days before I want to play again after a really bad day.

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
approximately 4-6 hours per day

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my problem is getting in a game I love, and always looking for the next game. until I am reg for like 10 and end up winning none. as long as im not in more than 2 i can focus and usually cash. i know this is a leak, yet I continue to chase the money instead of playing poker. Sigh