Can you become addicted to poker?

V

volare85

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you think you could be addicted frome poker?,I mean do you need some advice not to lose control?

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey mate!
If you can not control your emotions, you could easily fall into addictions.
About poker, you have to manage your time to study, to play and the most important improve your mindset since this is the most important point in poker.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I always control my actions and emotions. I have no problem with this. Otherwise, I would need to find another hobby.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, I was never addicted to poker, and indeed to gambling. I can stop at any time, or stop playing for any indefinite time. Playing poker brings me pleasure, just like playing tennis or driving a car. When I do not play poker, I find myself another activity that brings me as much positive energy as poker brings.

24hrrad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Can Be Therapeutic

Do you think you could be addicted frome poker?,I mean do you need some advice not to lose control?

Quite the contrary, Poker to me is very therapeutic, calming and great brain candy.

manolo salazar hit the nail on the head, if you "are not" willing to be open to learning and controlling your emotions, perhaps it is time to reconsider playing poker?
[FONT=Lato, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
The best poker players keep a level head so that they can both; learn from their mistakes and keep a clear enough head to take advantage of the mistakes of others at the table.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that dependence on playing poker can arise if a person does not have a favorite and interesting affair or activity.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more properly you play, the less addicted you become, but more money earn. THat's what I've learned from 10+ years of experience.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has gambling element in it so you can become addicted just like with every other gambling related game. You should have balance how much you play and also need good bankroll management.

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Things that can unballance your emotions can become addictive, not only poker. Independent of the trigger we are always responsible for all our actions, and as everything in life must have a ballance between them

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, everything related to betting can create addiction and poker is not exempt from it. in fact the concept of gambling says verbatim: "Pathological inclination to gambling" and for me poker is a game of chance accompanied by strategy and knowledge.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think some people can, and others the more they play the more its like a job.

M

mihael

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently a bit addicted due to the quarantine we are going through

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I have been playing poker for about 4 years. Previously, I also sometimes lost control. But now I have become more patient and disciplined so I can easily follow my bankroll management.
Good luck.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes, of course, like any other game, you play what you can, no more. you lose, go to sleep.

K

kubistok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey mate!
If you can not control your emotions, you could easily fall into addictions.
About poker, you have to manage your time to study, to play and the most important improve your mindset since this is the most important point in poker.
Right, it is all about emotions. Bad emotions= bad decisions.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi mate.Not at all.Even though I play almost every day,I´ve never put in risk any of my bankrolls,due to a good bankroll management..This game is enjoyable to me.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ofc it is possible. it depends if this give you any material benefits too, usually it happens when you loose cash. to be honest I don't know a good poker player who plays crazy poker like 24/7

N

natelearnspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Addiction

Yeah it's definitely possible to become addicted to poker, speaking from personal experience. That's why there are gambling help lines in the first place. Poker is a high variance game with high payouts as well as bad beats. It's really exhilarating to play, but you can easily get sucked down the hole if you're not careful.

I'm working on this personally, but I block out time after my school work to study and play poker at night. If you let poker seep into your life, it'll destroy your productivity. I also have my friends and family hold me accountable for not playing too much.

K

Ktv2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it's definitely possible to become addicted to poker, speaking from personal experience. That's why there are gambling help lines in the first place. Poker is a high variance game with high payouts as well as bad beats. It's really exhilarating to play, but you can easily get sucked down the hole if you're not careful.

I'm working on this personally, but I block out time after my school work to study and play poker at night. If you let poker seep into your life, it'll destroy your productivity. I also have my friends and family hold me accountable for not playing too much.

I 100% agree with you, it will screw up your productivity and it could get very addictive, my way is with a schedule for this . Under no circumstances that I would pass the schedule.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was time when I was playing almst all day and even in the night and I thought that I have problem with poker, but I take pauze in playing and now i try to not lose control and to play max 2 hours a day

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I think you can become addicted to poker, I've noticed these days in quarantine that I do what I do and I still find myself on poker sites:secruity:

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absalutely can. The deeper question is, do you control the addiction, or does the addiction control you? Anyone that plays poker regularly, and make sacrifices in thier personal life are feeding this addiction. This isn't necessarily a bad thing is you are a long term profitable player. These people have the self control to control the addiction. Its the players that are losing players, play outside of bankroll management, and get upset and frustrated when they lose are the ones that have a problem.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

No. The moment you need advise you are at a loss with your addiction and need to stop playing. glgl!