my relatives consider my hobby
but my plans are to grow and develop in the game and achieve good results

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No...But the possibility of a financial plus is outstripped by fanaticism...

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have never had problems with self-control. Poker brings me only pleasure and joy. This is a great game for responsible people, which promotes the development of thinking, patience and discipline.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you (or anyone from your family or friends) consider yourself a poker addict?
Have you ever had any problems playing poker (any kind) that made you think about it?
Oh yeah...
My family told me everytime im a poker addict.
I dont think so...
I just love poker more than them.
I love play with friens , or its a good opportunity for me to meet peoples when i dont know them.

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think so. Sometimes i take a week or month to cool off

C

Clean

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you (or anyone from your family or friends) consider yourself a poker addict?
Have you ever had any problems playing poker (any kind) that made you think about it?
Yes, if you lose all your life savings playing poker

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when I can't stop playing in weekends to spend some time with my family, then I feel adicted to poker, it makes me sad

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never had any problems with playing poker, because I follow the bankroll management regime, and I advise everyone to play only those limits where you have at least 50 bins.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never spend more than 10% of my annual earnings so I do not consider it a problem,
Be lying though if said I was not addicted to poker the word that works best is chronic lol?:eek:
4gi7ib.jpg

Last edited:
PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only have a few months to play, but for those around me that it is disturbing to see me playing poker for hours. But when you sign up for an MTT and everything is going well you spend hours there to get a prize. So when from one day to the next we start spending hours playing, yes for others you can seem addicted, but for the moment I do not feel addicted at all. :rolleyes:

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
None of my friends or family consider myself a poker addict, but I remember that when I started to play online poker 14 years ago I used to play a lot of hours (like 8 hours per day), which probably was not healthy because I still was in college.

D

D1enonli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My wife would say this, but in reality, I think it’s just like any other drug. If you’re constantly thinking about it and your whole existence revolves around it, then yes.:bandit:

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely say i have an addictive personality,which i have over the years used to my benefit,i'm also addicted to making money.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I don't think I have a problem with this game addiction. I only play when I have the time and energy. well, I used to be able to devote more time to my favorite activity. I also take long, long breaks. in the game of poker

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, because I didn't quit my job, I still have my normal life, but it's one of my favorite hobbies, also the pandemic makes me have more time to play, less time to do things outdoors like fishing, going to the park , etc

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Addicted to Poker???

Do you think you are addicted to Poker or not, do you play on specific days?

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I not consider that I am a poker addict. I love this game but is only my hobby. I play only when I have free time. :)

A

Adrianlovera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think theres such a thing like poker addict but a gambling addict yeah i meet that kind of people playing home cash game nlh

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think that poker is not addictive.
Wanting to earn money quickly and easily, yes, it is addictive, and has consequences.:flute::flute:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If I look at my life honestly, I have 100% been a poker addict/addicted to poker.

Even though I was a winning player rather quickly, and could justify what I was doing as a hobby/job/career because I was making money... I was still completely addicted to the game.

I spent day and night thinking about it, studying and working hard so I could win larger amounts and win more often. I definitely got a huge rush from playing and it's the same as other substances, games, and media that I've been addicted to in my lifetime.

I think many people who have become professional poker players could be considered 'functional addicts' and that's the nature of a game that has gambling and chance involved.

I think it's important for people to understand addiction, so that they can know when they are at risk vs when they are simply enjoying themselves and maintaining a good life.

The reason I knew I was addicted was that I would skip social gathering, sleep, even eating to continue to play. (dopamine is a heck of a feeling) And while I made a lot of money in the process I definitely sacrificed a lot as well.

Short answer yes, long answer, yes :)

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to tell. Sure, i can go without poker, and for me it's not addiction.
Just love the game.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! No, I don't have a problem with poker. I have a sound assessment of my capabilities and abilities. I don't spend my money, I play rationally. My knowledge is not good enough, so I start with freerolls, and I also play low limits in less risky games. And I don't devote all my free time to the game.