You already got into debt from poker.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that all people who play poker already has picked up personal loan or with friends to play poker with me was no different today just play with my possibilities.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're saying that folks take out loans to play poker I think that is crazy. If they can't gradually build their bankroll without borrowing, then they really need to look for a different profession/hobby.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Nah here if i'd ever considering taking a loan from local bank then i probably would have to stay away from all sort of gambling for like certain period of time so clearly the answer is no lol :rolleyes:

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, yes, but CardsChat is exactly the antidote to this sickness. I mean - you can build a bankroll from exactly nothing.
That is a completely real possibility, and, man, that is SO cool!

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never take out a loan to play poker, or for any potential “investment” imo. When it comes to poker you can even start out with $0, taking your time playing freerolls as you learn the game. Keep studying and eventually you’ll have a bankroll big enough for the micro stakes, and then you can continue to climb the ladder of poker success from there! Best of luck! :)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fortunately,I have never had to borrow money to play poker.There are many freerolls to play.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, if I don't have money I would rather not play, poker for me is a hobby I think that borrowing money to play becomes an addiction.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a person goes into the extend of borrowing money to play poker, then his/her life is a mess> Typical Degenerate.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I never borrowed money to play poker. I don’t want to get into debt.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Building a bankroll is an inherent part of being a poker player (at whatever level you care to talk about).

Its appears to be part of poker lore for numerous players to discuss their path to success was via losing multiple bankrolls along the way (Daniel Negreanu, Phil Helmuth etc. etc.). I think it a bit of a cliché in this modern era.

Players can now learn to play via play money on various sites, they can graduate to micro-stakes and then increase their stakes as they progress. These scenarios did not exist until recently. However, as someone who learnt to play on-line with play money (no choice in the matter) I took building my play money bank roll seriously as many others do (even if this was 'looked down upon', some pros now admit this is a valid poker path to take).

Now, like everyone else here, I concentrate on freerolls and am slowly building a bankroll on a couple of sites. As this has taken time and effort, I honestly do not comprehend how people squander their bankroll, or would even consider loans. I figure the only way to test oneself is to work up through the ranks- to build from nothing and that of course includes managing a bank roll along the way. After all, if you cannot accomplish this, then you are never going to be a serious player.

Last edited:
L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell no. That's a huge assumption. Not all poker players go into debt just to feed their playing. That's one of the signs of unhealthy poker addiction.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to think that you need a big deposit to be at a certain limit. In fact, you need to rise to the desired limit with freerolls. This is the only way to learn to play. Well, or make a deposit if you are confident in your abilities. And spending your money on poker is not at all what we are here for. If you cannot win money in a freeroll, then you definitely should not play for your money. I'm not talking about all the freerolls, but the cardschat freeroll is very similar to a real money tournament. Since not many people play and the prizes are worthy.

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loan to play a poker game is a worst thing to do.
I am very happy to give a loan to a Poker player If there is a guarranty of my principal plus interest.
You know successful lending is the best bussiness in this world.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting that everyone thinks it's ridiculous to take out debt to play the game, yet the same people are more than willing to stake (purchase equity) in other players to play the game (with no guarantee that they will pay back)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you had an idea to borrow money for a game of poker, then this is the first sign that you have become addicted to gambling. A person who owes a large amount can no longer stop because he needs to repay the debt. Life becomes a nightmare.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s a very bad idea to borrow money for gambling. This is a bad outcome road.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is not normal, I never even thought about it)

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wrong, I didnt take loan nor borrow money to play poker and I think that is a very bad idea to do such thing

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that all people who play poker already has picked up personal loan or with friends to play poker with me was no different today just play with my possibilities.

Playing today with personal loan means, if you lose today then tomorrow you will be in debt. Now if you play with your own money that you can spare and if you lose then you don't have to face the burden of debt. It is between you and your money and no third person is involved.
Being in debt is never a good idea as it curtails your freedom and it can't be called as responsible gambling.
Playing freerolls is one way of playing with and within your resources. So, why should you go for loan?

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's the worse think to do economically. Never take a loan for something you don't absolutely needs.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it interesting that everyone thinks it's ridiculous to take out debt to play the game, yet the same people are more than willing to stake (purchase equity) in other players to play the game (with no guarantee that they will pay back)
Do you know many people who do that? Never heard of it. I find it ridiculous.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you know many people who do that? Never heard of it. I find it ridiculous.

The sad truth is that it is likely true of a lot of players out there—just that they’re not going to be too inclined to talk about it. One of the aspects of poker that’s unfortunate at times (or I guess really gambling in general) is that it is very easy for people to delude themselves as to how they’re doing, even by such underhanded practices as having multiple backers without disclosing it. I’ve been surprised many times by hearing through the grape vine about players I thought were doing well that actually owe a lot of money to different backers on the down low :(

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't, but I had some money I could use.
Maybe if I hadn't had that I would have considered taking a loan.
But I'm glad I didn't have to do that, because my poker game was really bad back then.
Now it's better but I only play freerolls etc.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never ever considered having a loan for poker. That would be a huge mistake. Don't even like to charge a credit card without being able to pay it back on the next statement.

Not sure what the OP is asking? The comment doesn't seem to match the title or what construes possibilities?