Are You Addicted?

306Hateful

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think another indicator of an addiction (or risk thereof) is if the thing that draws you to play is the thrill of the gamble; trying to catch that rush when you win a pot instead of the challenge of the game, the desire to best your opponents, or the opportunity to win a little money on the side.

drbottlecap10

drbottlecap10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not an addiction until it starts to have a negative impact on your relationships or everyday living. At that point, you may need to get help. But until then, have fun with it! :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I have free time, I play poker.
If I don't have free time, I don't play poker.
That is easy.

haiiG

haiiG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I never invested money in poker, I don't have that feeling like "damn I need to win back my money" or "win more", so I don't think I'm addicted, I can quit poker any time quite easily.

nera75

nera75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play professional poker then this is independence, it's work. And if you win wrong and lose a lot of money then this is the dependence that is called ludomania

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but I believe it to be a healthy addiction. I play mostly for fun and I don't go crazy with the amount of money I spend on it. It is entertaining and gives me something to do.

charlesdenis

charlesdenis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
games every day, but I'm trying to become a pro, so I do not consider myself an addict

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll say I'm not, but only because I'm in the denial stage

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It could be said that it is a habit

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play poker, watch streams, read different articles and forums, watch how play world-known porfessionals and I guess all this make me addicted to poker. Recently, I can not think about something else except poker.

N

Narcotic35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get addicted easily to new stuff, then I get bored or frustrated and quit. I guess that makes me an unreliable addict.

Also winters in my part of Scotland are bleak, wet and cold. Not much else to do other than getting drunk at the pub. I think poker is healthier... :bandit:

Let's see if I get bored again (I quit 5 years ago already but went back) :D

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
lol

That is a hard thing, maybe harder thing to discuss. Poker have to serve players and not the opposite. A lot of people make what just a crack or cacaine junkie would make. You have to continue to make all things you had made before to begin playing poker. Take care your health if you want to be a good player, take care your physical and mental health.

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you consider yourself addicted to Poker?

Personal Testing To find out if they have a problem with the game, let's do the next test. It is a questionnaire with 19 questions whose answer is yes or no. If you answer more than 7 questions, yes, you may have some disturbance related to the game. 1. Do you play until you have completely exhausted your money? 2. Did you lend money to play? 3. Did you borrow the bank to play? 4. Have you already exceeded your time limit personally or financially to play? 5. Have you ever thought about doing illegal acts to get money? 6. Do you think much about gambling? 7. Have you ever stolen to play? 8. Do you have a hard time thinking about anything other than gambling? 9. Do you feel anxious or aggressive when you do not play? 10. Does your everyday life seem boring compared to the game? 11. Has your interest in your social life diminished? 12. Do you play to recover from losses from previous sessions? 13. Do you hide your family's losses? 14. Do you feel guilty after playing? 15. Has it ever happened to you to continue playing, even if you knew it would be harmful in personal terms or for other people? 16. Have you ever played to improve your mental disposition or to escape from private problems? 17. Has the game already sparked discussions with your family? 18. Have you ever lost school or worked to play? 19. Have you ever thought or tried to commit suicide?:confused:

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you answer yes to alot of those you aren't only addicted to poker but have some other issues you may want to see a professional about.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely!! I play 8-10hrs 5 days a week .. I LOVE IT!!!

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you consider yourself addicted to Poker?

Silly Questionnaire,
what if any scientific criteria are you using to post these questions?

Or is this just a fun questionnaire that you created in your own mind to get replies?

lol

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not addicted but i play every day not because of a vice but to improve the way i play.

M

maykon98

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silly Questionnaire,
what if any scientific criteria are you using to post these questions?

Or is this just a fun questionnaire that you created in your own mind to get replies?

lol
I found this questionnaire in an article I was reading, I found it interesting, I did not answer yes to 7 plus at least 5 I identified.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not addicted but I have an average playing rate of 3 hours a day playing poker

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

My inquiry still stands "What scientific criteria?"

Referencing an article has zero merit, as you are most likely aware of the tons of phony information out there.

But I appreciate the effort lol.

Take care

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never considered myself addicted to poker. I don't need any tests.

F

FreeDom1998

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not consider myself dependent
Dependence - this concept is quite deep ...
And most people who ask such questions do not understand the very word "Dependence".;)

N

naddyone

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't,c on the other hand my wife does