Are you a Recreational or Pro Player?

As a CardChat Member, you are playing poker as a?

• Recreational Player, so what :)

Votes: 299 72.9%
  • Semi-Pro Player

Votes: 48 11.7%
  • Full-Time Pro Player

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Transitioning Player - Semi-Pro

Votes: 42 10.2%
  • Transitioning Player - Full-Time Pro

Votes: 11 2.7%

• Total voters
E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have setup an anonymous poll ITT. The poll is setup to see what percentage of the CC community is playing poker as a recreational, semi-pro, pro player, or working towards making poker a full time career. I'm the first to say that I'm a recreational player that's doing this for fun. I'm grateful to have a place like CC where I can learn from a lot of great players. Even us Rec players have something to offer to the game :)

Feel free to drop some knowledge ITT if you are a semi-pro, pro, or transitioning into poker as a career.

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm glad to see people are polling! Thanks a lot. Does anyone want to share any tips on transitioning or playing more seriously?

I always wonder how players deal with the swings and how many hours they are putting in compared to working a 9 to 5.

K

kceow2981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am super recreational so far, as I have net lost money. I would like to get good enough one day to make a decent amount of money from poker though, not to actually make the money, but to feel accomplished in that I was able to get that good at something

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems the biggest key to the game is volume, this is why Im just a recreational player. Lately just to make some extra fun money requires massive volume. I heard a reason for this is that people know how to get it in more correct than in the earlier decade.. so since youre getting it in right and they are getting it in right, this causes swings to soar. Im totally spent after a few hours of play.

S

Stan71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me I just enjoy playing and even studying poker. Overall I'm just grinding away at the micros trying to get out of the hole which I dug because of poor bankroll management.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play full time pro if I had more time more money and more skill. Or 2 of the 3 anyway lol

B

boonvech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am a recreational player i like to play cards and board games. When i play poker i lost some money in cash game but no lost in tournament games. i hope to stop lost for cash game soon that mean i can get money while playing.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not a professional player, but I'd like to become one to bring money to the family

Sent from my Redmi 4X using CardsChat mobile app

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing poker for over 2 years and still can't call myself a good poker player I play solely for fun

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not a professional poker player but I know how to play well, this is my hobby in my spare time and for me it's great when I win and make a profit, but I would like to become a professional to play and win good expensive tournaments and get good money from games,!

J

Javonne Baker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Semi pro baby iwish im a amateur lol love poker thou

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider myself a recreational player, I fell in love with poker, but I do not use it as a source of income, but as a hobby and a way of interacting with people of other nationalities and languages.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Strictly recreational.

Though I must admit...it's recently began to interfere with my John Wayne marathon movie watching and raking the yard.

I better get my priorities back in line. :eek:

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am recreational but I am trying to be the best player I can be and hope to surprise some pros in the wsop this year.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recreational to semi pro.. I enjoy the game a lot. Wish I had more time for it, like I used to.

Sent from my SM-G935P using CardsChat mobile app

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, my friend, I like to say I play poker at a semi-professional level. Soon I hope I will evolve along with the members of the cardschat. I hope to improve my poker game.

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that I aspiring to the semi-professional, hope for transition in more or less stable (let small) income. but it concerns only the Internet of a game.
in general poll interesting, only seems to me professional players won't want to participate in poll, they simply don't need it, I hope I am mistaken.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker I play for pleasure, it is very exciting for me.When I play I dream when I dream, I live..

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider myself an attempt at semi-pro player