yong and old people are the same playing poker with ?

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you think playing poker at the table with young guys is the same like playing with older guys ?
after my experience , 40 years and younger are always aggressive and risk their chips much more then older people . older guys think twice before they call high stakes but young , ohhhh i saw so many fouls . its just like driving a car ,young goes 200 km/h but old never goes more then 100 km/h. they dont take risks

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that the style of play depends primarily on the temperament of the player. But personally, I do not care how old my opponents are.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At best it's a generalization.

I think it could be applied when the game was transitioning from live to online and as young guns had already played as many hands online as old pros had played live.

But that era has passed and now one and all indulge online. In the live game, yes, maybe you come across older players who are tight and have never taken to online poker.

However, there are plenty of older players who play on line as aggro as anyone else. At times I have played with a few crusty old codgers who played like...well crusty old codgers...every hand, all attitude all the time.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just curious, why do you see fast, aggressive, riskier plays as fouls? are they fouls because you don't/wouldn't play like that or are they fouls because they're not playing how you like to play/how you would like them to play?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
The age of the player does not matter, only his skills and experience are important.
Good luck.