WSOP ME - Almost down to the final table

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are playing down to the final table today ... and I'm seeing some crazy wild swings and eliminations in stacks. Down to 2 tables. Seriously, I am only rooting for Tiffany Michelle to make the final table. I've gotta think that if she does make the final table the endorsement deals alone for her would be worth millions. Plus it'd be cool to have a cute female instead of crusty weird players at the final table for a change.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm rooting for her too. She's one of the shorter stacks but fingers crossed for a comeback.... Even without making the final table I think she'll be quite well set for endorsement deals and other appearances.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree. She has to make that final table. Four months of prep work, and 4 months time of marketing to say "I'm one of a kind at the final table...blah blah" for any company willing to pay.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just put together today that shes one of the pokernews.com girls. I'd like to see her make it.

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I disagree. She has to make that final table. Four months of prep work, and 4 months time of marketing to say "I'm one of a kind at the final table...blah blah" for any company willing to pay.

Maybe... but she's already a known player even if she isn't one of the big names, and from her attire it looks like she's already got something going with Ultimate Bet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gone in 17th :(

Is it wrong that I've lost all interest in the outcome now?

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope... all the remaining players are just generic poker dudes. Bummer.

Not all...Klodnicki finished 2nd to Barry Greenstein in this year's Razz tourney. And David "Chino" Rheem is kind of known. But since they haven't been on tv before, I guess they count as generic to the average jane/joe.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm rooting for the guy with the same first name as me!

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no favorites now. Why can the cute one win ... or at least make the final table. Read that Barbara Enright (who I've actually played poker with twice) was the last woman at the final table. Would a CCer represent and change that!

D

deton8whore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
K... I honestly don't care what happens in the main event. The hot one is gone :(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost most of my interest as soon as Matusow was eliminated. Then when Michelle was eliminated, I couldn't care less.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm much the same - it's yet another argument for the final table delay, I guess, as you really need the back story in order to take more than a passing interest in the players.

Wicked Chops have been describing a few of the final tables from earlier events as "friends and family" affairs (as in, only friends and family are going to be especially interested in the outcome) and without the ESPN back story that's exactly what the Main Event final table is shaping up as.

Can't complain though, it's been a pretty good series to date. Shame so little of it is going to be televised.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think this final table delay is going to back fire now that there are a bunch of randoms at the final table because everybody will have lost interest!!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm doing some kind of super living because I can't sleep and am refreshing the link like every two minutes.

ive known about it for 3 days, imagine how i feel. :(

think this final table delay is going to back fire now that there are a bunch of randoms at the final table because everybody will have lost interest!!

most of these guys are good players who have been winning at live and online for a few years. Alot a well known in the higer stakes poker circles.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ive known about it for 3 days, imagine how i feel. :(

most of these guys are good players who have been winning at live and online for a few years. Alot a well known in the higer stakes poker circles.

but no BIG names like Hansen, Negraneu, Ivey, Hellmuth, Matsouw, Ferguson, Brunson, Greenstein, Chan, Hatchem.

You know the usual suspects.

Is there any online qualifiers left in ?

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
duno about the qulifyers, but these players are all good poker players who dont have the fame that the ones you mentione dhave because this is their first big score much like whoever had to have a big score to become famous.

THey were all sponsered by stars or Full tilt before the ME started so gota give them some dues there.

Gona be an awsome final table IMO + im liking the build up thing.

It wont be "who won the ME" like it has been previously but "who is going to win the ME"

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
duno about the qulifyers, but these players are all good poker players who dont have the fame that the ones you mentione dhave because this is their first big score much like whoever had to have a big score to become famous.

THey were all sponsered by stars or Full tilt before the ME started so gota give them some dues there.

Gona be an awsome final table IMO + im liking the build up thing.

It wont be "who won the ME" like it has been previously but "who is going to win the ME"

Yeh i agree about the build up thing i personally like the idea but i dont think others will stay tuned because of the lack of Big Scores!
Apparently Dennis Phillips i think it is anyway one of the big stacks qualified through a freeroll in St Louis??
I want Peter Easgate to win because he is young lol !!
How about yourself ?

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i watched a vid on pokenews.com about Phillips, he qualified through a $200 tourney in St Louis Harrahs but got like $11k so was basically freerolling the ME for now garenteed 900k and most likely over 1 or 2 million easily.

Pretty sweet freeroll IMO :D

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeh haha thats class!! he should definately finish in the Top 5 because Kelly Kim is basically ****ed unless he gets some good hands!!

I wouldnt mind playing in a freeroll like that lol

WSOP