Worst mistake?

R

richardpro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is the worst mistake a poker player can make?

P

PrinceJigger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the biggest mistake a player can make is not adjusting to his/her opponents. Rather than applying a "one size fits all" strategy, you should be modifying your play based on who's at your table.

Also, registering for a tournament and forgetting to show up is pretty dumb too. :D

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
several errors are candidates to be the worst error ,,, playing unconcentrated, not analyzing what is happening at the table at the moment, playing with fear, playing with sleep, I think it is a set of errors, that is why I think that several errors are candidates to be the worst mistake:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the worst mistake a poker player can make?

It is possible to bluff when it is clear that the opponent has put together a good hand. This will result in big losses.

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the worst mistakes, I usually make the same mistake, is thinking that your opponent is bluffing without seeing the flop, turn and river.:sleep::sleep:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worst Mistake?

Hello.
One of the worst mistakes, and it is one of many, is to go all-in with a small pair from the UG position pre-flop.
Dan'O

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most worst was i got Four of a Kind, My opponent got Straight Flush. :thefinger

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst ... is surely to underestimate your opponent or the hand he is holding.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the worst mistake is to lose patience during a poker game, because you will start to make bad plays

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play in a state of tilt and alcohol...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have several options.
1. Lose patience.
2. Do not follow discipline.
3. Exceed the allowable risks.
4. Play drunk, insult others.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that one of the most expensive mistakes that players make very often is when a player bluffs without knowing how to do it !!! Sometimes it looks even funny)))

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the worst mistake is to lose patience during a poker game, because you will start to make bad plays
Totally agree. Without patience, and without concentration, the game is over quickly.:cool::cool:

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
going all in with 100% of your bankroll without looking at your cards. also mucking your cards instead of turning them over, you'll be surprise. also if board is AAAA2 and opponent all in and you have 2,3 and you call. that would be pretty bad. over betting and giving away chips instead of small bets to get a feel at where you and your opponents are at.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The biggest mistake a poker player can make is to bet a lot of money on a game that he does not know and does not master properly.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing without focus will surely be a bad thing to ruin your bankroll.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing when you are tired, especially when you expect to play a long tournament.

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any mistake can turn out to be the worst if that mistake brings you to a sad end.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker.
I thought that I´d AA & did all-in.
The other player did all-in as well with AA.
However I´d A4.
I was kicked out.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
worst mistake is to think that the best hand Pre flop will always win, in fact is a mistake I do over and over again! :banghead:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that the worst mistake is the lack of a bankroll management system. This always leads to loss and frustration.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst mistake is unreaslistic Expected Value..

Poker has it's probabilities(expected value), example: AA preflop, EV is favorable(80%).
The worst thing is when you catch a few cards, and think it's magic, EV is in your favor today. Also, another bad mistake is the theory of "due"; I've lost a lot, I'm due to get some good outcomes, to balance it out.