Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My pet hate in Poker are those people who claim to be "The World's Best Poker Player".
Even Daniel Negreanu would not claim an assumption as this because in his own words "even the great players go on tilt occasionally".
I am happy if I make the final table occasionally let alone win, and if I do win I prefer to call it dumb luck rather than skill.
Phil Helmut, and Doyle Brunson both have had their bad beats but my question to you all is who do you consider to be worthy to be on a list for all time great poker players?

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your name and mine...

Is it really a very relative response, online or live? Or a sum of the two? Are the best ones earning more or more money? It's complicated ... but come on and let it be clear that below the names are in alphabetical order and are not important:
Antonio Esfandiari, Daniel Negreanu, Joe Hachem, Phil Hellmuth, Phil Ivey. I sure forgot some names ...
And in a few years I hope to see your name and mine on that list ... dreaming is possible, realizing too!

Good luck!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Daniel Negreanu is the best poker player. He has a lot of big wins and I think that thanks to players like Daniel, the popularity of poker is only growing.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best poker player would be one with the most earnings.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can not directly compare poker players from different eras. Money value is different (10 000$ in 1970 are not the same as 10 000$ today), fields are different (wsop with 100 players is one and with 8000 players is another thing) and even the game changes (more mathematics is involved today).

If i need to pick one and just one player it would be Doyle Brunson because he managed to play at the highest level for more than 50 years and in several very different eras (from the road gambling in texas to the internet era) and still managed to stay at top level. Maybe the only greatness factor that can be used to compare different era players is the time you stay at top level.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker players are always on the rise.

E

essimicke

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally love Lex, don't know if he's the best though

W

Wannabepro61

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Linus Loeliger one of the best players.
He win so much money online, and playing extremely expensive cash games at Triton Poker. He played so well. Hes Gto robot.

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
difficult .. there are many good players.
i like Phil ivey

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theres no such think like best poker player in the world. Maybe if you resume at statistics then yes theres negreanu, ivey and many others, but theres absolutely 0 chances to say to a 600 players tournaments this guys will always hands. usually now the underdogs gets the honey so yea, theres so many factors to take in count when you say whos the best player in the world, not to say theres underground tables where earnings are way more than what we hear on social media!!! russian knows what im saying, well at least some of them, also italians whos poker game is very strong too :D

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My favorite players is Liv Boeree and Vanessa Russo. These players have achieved excellent results and proved that women can also be professional players.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Jason Mercier is my favorite player. He has a special style of play and I am convinced that he is one of the best poker players.
Good luck.

P

pohewa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My pet hate in Poker are those people who claim to be "The World's Best Poker Player".
Even Daniel Negreanu would not claim an assumption as this because in his own words "even the great players go on tilt occasionally".
I am happy if I make the final table occasionally let alone win, and if I do win I prefer to call it dumb luck rather than skill.
Phil Helmut, and Doyle Brunson both have had their bad beats but my question to you all is who do you consider to be worthy to be on a list for all time great poker players?

I do not think this could be determined. Too many things to account for. Too many well-rounded players.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm the best poker player (but that's not for sure :D)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Isnt the best, but is the most fun to watch: Daniel Negreanu

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey and Tom Dwan are the best, and when they face each other not even talk

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Daniel negraneau would be the overall best in terms of skill and fun to watch factor. He’s been great in making poker fun to watch.

Another great player I never saw mentioned is Michael “Grinder” Mizrachi. Also Barry Greenstein is another great one not mentioned.

It’s really hard to compare and say this one is the best. Looking at career tournament earning is very misleading as the ones you see at the top have won $1 million dollar entries with like 10 players and won $10 million dollar. That jumps you up the list pretty fast. And they also play a lot of other high roller tournaments. It also doesn’t include how much they’ve spent to win this much. It would be nice to see the list of the most profitable tournament players. Would give a much better ranking.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite players is Liv Boeree and Vanessa Russo. These players have achieved excellent results and proved that women can also be professional players.

I agree Liv is a great poker player and I think the most beautiful poker player as well.

Just so I’m not considered sexist, I’d say Patrick Antonius is the best looking male player.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think is impossible to know eho ist the best poker player nowdays, but the moast fun is Daniel Negreanu.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the best player in the world is, Victor Blom, isildur1, he came to revolutionize poker, he became a legend playing full tilt poker, at the same time he played HU, at high levels against Phill Evey, Patric Antonius, Tom Dwan , and beat them all.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Here is my picks on the perfect poker player.
Had a lot of fun making this video :)

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think Daniel Negreanu is the goat.