Working At Casino With Criminal Record
Just curious if there's anyone out there that works in a casino with a criminal issue on their record. If so, what state are you in?
The reason I ask is because when I was a dumb teenager 9 years ago (when I was 19). I got caught in the woods drinking underage and they searched me and found pot and a pipe etc and it was in a trespassing area :/. They had no mercy for being stupid. I ended up getting 6 months of probation and it was expunged off my record. The biggest charge was considered a misdemeanor.
I haven't been in any kind of trouble since. I found this regarding PA's gaming license and what they would deny you for:
Casino employee (gaming employee)
License or permit will be denied for felonies and gambling offenses within 15-years.
When evaluating an application after 15 years, the Gaming Control Board will consider:
(1) the nature and duties of the applicant’s position;
(2) the nature and seriousness of the offense;
(3) the circumstances under which the offense occurred;
(4) the age of the applicant when the offense was committed;
(5) whether the offense was an isolated or repeated incident;
(6) evidence of rehabilitation.
Even though it was expunged off my record, I'm still supposed to list it as it states it in the application. Does anyone have any information on if I should be worried or not?
I REALLY want this job bad! I'll be so grateful…
Any information is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!