Wishing Other Players Good Luck

savaxz

savaxz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you write "good luck" to others players in games,you does it because it is the rule of good tone makes you write so, or do you really want someone to be better than you in the game?
Logically, wishing good luck to the players, you directly agree that let luck smile not to me, but to that guy.
I will honestly say that I often write “Good luck to me”, since I play to win, and not to give good luck and victory to others.
Yes, it happens that I write Good luck to everyone, but it is rather a rule of good tone than my real desire, for chance to someone someone to be luckier more than myself in a game.
How can you comment this?

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is respect for the participants of the game.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol, good question, I have never heard this kind of talk, to laugh, I'd say you're right, but normally it is to be polite and when we wish someone, we derive positive vibes around us

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It 's just being polite, like Hi!
If you believe in karma, it's good to do (you do good and will receive good).
All poker players are selfish, but it's not very smart to offend others with this information (unless you're Phil Hellmuth and get away with it).

Beware:
+ being polite is allowed,
- being rude is not allowed.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that every player wants to win and wants luck with him. I say good luck with courtesy and to say hi to other players.

A

asteca

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wishing good things to others Will eventualy bring good things to you (or not, depends on the pair you are holding..ahahah)... Karma is usually a bitch :D

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is important to have a lot of knowledge about the success of poker, but it is also important and a great dose of happiness that will be inevitable in order to achieve some significant higher success. We need to improve the game primarily, but good luck is always welcome. Greeting!

giraug

giraug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually say Good Luck at the start of the tournament, or when I am not involved in the hand... or when I am out of the tournament and really wish good luck to some or all the players remaining in the game.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this way you can turn any word or sentence into a sign of failure...))
:listen:

J

joaocm2018

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play poker, you need a little lucky

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is cordial thing to say projecting no hard feelings either way the hand runs out. It follows other good poker etiquette.

V

vini127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just be nice to others, since everyone playing the game wants to win.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On this occasion, I have a long-time negative attitude to the inscriptions in the chat type of "gg" . For me, it looks like a mockery of a lost player. I have never written this and never will.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker is sportive and competition. So it is like in every sport, that the people wish each other good luck. It is the attitude of a sportsmen/-women in my opinion to do so. Look at football games, when they start.

Also about saying "gg" - good game when someone drops out of a game is nothing sarcastic. Of course maybe at the beginning of a game it sounds like this. But what is, when you played over several hours and you still play with some people at the final table. Don't you think, they did a kind of a good game?

I think, it is just about how you appreciate the people around you and your opponents, at all. And I think, we should be sportive in this game, if we want poker to be recognized as a true sport.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's something I sometimes say at the beginning of a game. Just being polite. Naturally I would like to be luckier than the next guy but saying good luck at the beginning of the game is just good manners.

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I say anything at all I typically go with gghf just because I don't want them to have the luck, I usually need it all.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never wish good luck during the game, only when I finish playing, I write what a good game:)

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is sportive and competition. So it is like in every sport, that the people wish each other good luck. It is the attitude of a sportsmen/-women in my opinion to do so. Look at football games, when they start.

Also about saying "gg" - good game when someone drops out of a game is nothing sarcastic. Of course maybe at the beginning of a game it sounds like this. But what is, when you played over several hours and you still play with some people at the final table. Don't you think, they did a kind of a good game?

I think, it is just about how you appreciate the people around you and your opponents, at all. And I think, we should be sportive in this game, if we want poker to be recognized as a true sport.
I've seen gg used where it definitely did not mean 'good game', but very likely was sarcastic.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is above all a gesture of respect and courtesy. Of course, maybe some can be taken under pressure. Although it really is a phrase with double meaning

Last edited:
vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with
Tony Vayer, this is my respect for the participants of the game, if luck is on my side, then this is great and I will win, if luck comes to other participants of the tournament, then let them win!

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do not wish my opponents luck only to my friends because they are going to play against me and the need luck greetings to all:driver:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My saying "Good luck" for my opponents almost does not change anything.
If my opponent is a fish, then it does not matter how many times I or someone else wished him success. The result of the game at 75 - 85% depends on the skills, experience, and skill of the player.

M

mioou2011

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in poker; being lucky is not matter, the important thing is Do not be unlucky

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually before the start of the game I wish the players at the table "Good lack" =)