Winning story about '72' play.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some time ago I was involved in game with 72. Usually I fold such hands but once on a 9 handed table I was on the button with 72 offsuite and 3 or 4 players in front of me limped and I was forced to limp too. Imagine how happy I was when the flop was 772.

Do you have a story with 72 or you fold such hand?

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some time ago I was involved in game with 72. Usually I fold such hands but once on a 9 handed table I was on the button with 72 offsuite and 3 or 4 players in front of me limped and I was forced to limp too. Imagine how happy I was when the flop was 772.

Um, i dont wanna be mean, but i dont get why your playing 72o there...
You said because 3 or 4 limped ahead of you, you were, FORCED, to play it? Um...haha

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Believe it or not, I have had the exact same thing happen- the only difference being I was in the big blind (otherwise I would have folded even in the SB). If I remember I bet small as it would be obvious I had a 7, someone called, then it went check, check, as I wanted to show (this was online). Everyone had a chuckle.

Were you online or playing live, beldin2010?

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe it or not, I have had the exact same thing happen- the only difference being I was in the big blind (otherwise I would have folded even in the SB). If I remember I bet small as it would be obvious I had a 7, someone called, then it went check, check, as I wanted to show (this was online). Everyone had a chuckle.

Were you online or playing live, beldin2010?

Only online. I do not have live experience. I am sure that my emotions for sure will help other players :).

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um, i dont wanna be mean, but i dont get why your playing 72o there...
You said because 3 or 4 limped ahead of you, you were, FORCED, to play it? Um...haha

Think about it. You will have pot of 7BB against 1 from me that is why I limped.
Ok what about all players in front of you to limp and you have 72 off on the button. Will you fold or will you limp?

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about it. You will have pot of 7BB against 1 from me that is why I limped.
Ok what about all players in front of you to limp and you have 72 off on the button. Will you fold or will you limp?

Sorry...feels like your trying to justify this play

Also, so there is no hand bad enough for you in position to fold?

So you never fold in position if a few limoed in hand and you have a very bad hand?

This is very very -ev.

Im not trying to bash dude. I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

Ya you flopped 772...so..the 1 outta 10,000 that happened, awesome.

You didnt say if you won the hand, i presume you did lol.

Also you didnt say what happened....

So, you will play terrible hands, if a couple people limp in front of you is what your saying? I mean...lol. i dont even know what to say

Dude i aint trying to bash you. Its your money, do what you want. I just think its a bad play. And seems to be a larger part of your strat.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry...feels like your trying to justify this play

Also, so there is no hand bad enough for you in position to fold?

So you never fold in position if a few limoed in hand and you have a very bad hand?

This is very very -ev.

Im not trying to bash dude. I am trying to understand where you are coming from.

Ya you flopped 772...so..the 1 outta 10,000 that happened, awesome.

You didnt say if you won the hand, i presume you did lol.

Also you didnt say what happened....

So, you will play terrible hands, if a couple people limp in front of you is what your saying? I mean...lol. i dont even know what to say

Dude i aint trying to bash you. Its your money, do what you want. I just think its a bad play. And seems to be a larger part of your strat.

I won't argue that this is bad play and lets say I agree with almost everything you wrote. But don't you think that sometimes you should do something out of the box for win big.
To be honest once I called preflop raise of obviously monster hand AA and won with two pairs (again on the flop). Yes, person was unhappy, told me about my bad play, etc but in this hand I knew his cards and risking reasonable amount of the stack to see what will happen on the flop.
This is how not to play but if we all play one and the same way only luck will decide who will take the prize.
And finally about my luck - when I see AA in my hand I am scared and I am not joking because i lost almost 70% of the hands. Maybe because of my bad skill.

P.S.
I understand what you are trying to tell me :).

L

Lisavandervelden12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't argue that this is bad play and lets say I agree with almost everything you wrote. But don't you think that sometimes you should do something out of the box for win big.
To be honest once I called preflop raise of obviously monster hand AA and won with two pairs (again on the flop). Yes, person was unhappy, told me about my bad play, etc but in this hand I knew his cards and risking reasonable amount of the stack to see what will happen on the flop.
This is how not to play but if we all play one and the same way only luck will decide who will take the prize.
And finally about my luck - when I see AA in my hand I am scared and I am not joking because i lost almost 70% of the hands. Maybe because of my bad skill.

P.S.

I 100%agree, that you should switch it up and do something different sometimes.

I made the mistake of assuming that was your normal game...to limp in w any hand if in pos. and other limped in front of you. Thats my bad.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

P.S.

Only two things: forced really? do not understand who had the gun? and about the other comment, I know that it is not like that but it makes me laugh a bit because it seems that you feel more comfortable with 72off and 3 or 4 limpers in front than with AA since you lose 70% of the time.
I say this with all due respect but it is the impression it gives me when I see the posts