why i hate jamie gold

K

komargo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie gold is arrogant and not very good at poker. He just gets lucky and thinks he is great when in reality he sucks. you should just watch him on High Stakes Poker, where he gets CRUSHED by doyle brunson

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie gold is arrogant and not very good at poker. He just gets lucky and thinks he is great when in reality he sucks. you should just watch him on High Stakes Poker, where he gets CRUSHED by doyle brunson

lol yep because you know him enough to make a judgement like this about him right?

roundcat

roundcat

Creature of leisure
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is rather unpalatable. As for his play, he's probably decent but not great, and he got incredibly lucky in last year's Main Event, hitting every flop. Arrogant? Yes. Not a smart move to play on High Stakes Poker with players of that caliber, but hey, it's his money.

brown110

brown110

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hell... he could play high stakes poker even if he hadnt won the main event. Didnt he make millions as the agent for all the people on the sopranos?

B

Broke31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i really cant stand him he was very lucky and cocky but u have to have skill to win the main event.

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he has got to be the luckiest person iv'e ever seen

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Is someone jealous because they aren't as rich as him? :D

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You all know that his mom enetered the wsop Main Event this year and outlasted him, right?

This is NOT a joke.

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because he had one hand run through with Doyle, pair of Queens vs broadway, doesn't mean he is a bad player. I believe he got a lot of luck, but that is what takes to win the ME now-a-days. Moneymaker and Raymer are not very good players themselves. Take it Moneymaker, is doing well this year, but he is really not top of the line. Jamie Gold did not hit every flop, he continuely talked his opponents off their hands and bluffed. Not every player can do that.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just because he had one hand run through with Doyle, pair of Queens vs broadway, doesn't mean he is a bad player. I believe he got a lot of luck, but that is what takes to win the ME now-a-days. Moneymaker and Raymer are not very good players themselves. Take it Moneymaker, is doing well this year, but he is really not top of the line. Jamie Gold did not hit every flop, he continuely talked his opponents off their hands and bluffed. Not every player can do that.

Gotta disagree with u re/ GTreg raymer. The man has game. Moneymaker was a flashinthepan (so far) and I think Gold will turn to be same, but Raymer can definitely play, as can Joe Hachem.

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
moneymaker is a lot better than he was in '03.

mrrigel

mrrigel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jimi hendrix was arrogant and cocky too.......because he could be. dude won the main event, what do you expect.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pezjb said:
Moneymaker and Raymer are not very good players themselves.
While I'll agree Moneymaker isn't the best, Raymer is a VERY good player. I think you'll find most of the pros admire and respect him very much.

As for Jamie Gold, meh, the guy is a slime ball, I don't care for him. He does have a way of talking his opponents into making calls. I haven't seen much of him other that the ME last year. He did get extremely lucky more than once.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
jimi hendrix was arrogant and cocky too.......because he could be. dude won the main event, what do you expect.

Didn't even know Hendrix played poker. You sure you aren't mistaking Jimbo for Gabe Kaplin? :joyman:

T

T-MaQ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if cocky and lucky gets me 12 mil, where do i sign up?!

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL about badmouthing Raymer... yet another example of someone on here posting without doing their homework.

After Raymer won the WSOP in 2004, he finished 25th of 5594 the very next year. That is the most impressive consecutive finishes in the WSOP since Chan won back to back and then finished 2nd to Hellmuth.

Come on folks. This is a poker site. Either know the history or do your homework.

Now Jamie Gold, although apparently spewy in the high stakes cash games (rumor is he plays as "Pachelbel" on FTP and is considered a fish and he did not shine on High Stakes Poker IMHO), does have a history of doing fairly well in tournaments before his WSOP win.

Now Moneymaker -- if you've read his autobiography, he does a pretty good job at making himself sound like a douchebag. He has cashed in a few prestigious tournaments in the past couple years though, but not overly impressive.

Nexar

Nexar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah hes kind of arrogant i hate the part when a flop came down he said "top top", hes opponent went all in then he called and said "top top i ment top pair top kicker why you went all in? hes opponent was like stfu mad at him

bodizzl

bodizzl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yo

get over it. hell never win again and you prolly wont win either. ppl are just mad because he developed a style that they couldnt copy. i mean its one thing to read an opp. but if you can get him to tell him your cards. wow if anything the ppl he was layin were idiots

W

WPT2008

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamie Gold played a level of poker that got into the "heads" of other players. He manipulated the players, and won pots (and yes some hands he was very extrememly lucky on) Alot of his preflop calls (with raises in front of him) were ultimately donkey calls, however, he flopped the cards, and made his move.

Daniel N. will pay to see almost every flop then try to destroy the rest who are still in the hand once the flop has landed, only difference is, Daniel doesn't sit there and manipulate your play preflop, and then get in your head and sorta tick you off. LOL

A

aron77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree he is awful and just fell into a hot streak to win the big one. Now that he has money he has a chance to get better but his bracelet was all luck and I was shocked that when he was saying that he was playing well that no one corrected him.

Afterlife000

Afterlife000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah i think jamie gold is terrible at poker, he was just getting REALLY lucky.

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still not sold on Greg Raymer and his game. 5 years from now I think we'll be saying Greg who? Yes he had sick back to back results, but when he wins another tournament or makes a final table for that matter let me know.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still not sold on Greg Raymer and his game. 5 years from now I think we'll be saying Greg who? Yes he had sick back to back results, but when he wins another tournament or makes a final table for that matter let me know.
He made two final tables at the WSOP this year alone. He's won about a million dollars in various tournaments outside of his WSOP Main Event win.

The post you're looking to make now goes something along the lines of "I stand corrected. I suppose I could have looked these things up for myself, and I regret that I didn't."

I'm sorry if that seems like a snippy answer, but seriously, you could have looked this up yourself instead of giving that job to the rest of us.