Why I favor Omaha

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas Hold 'em is basically the alpha male game. You get two cards, and due to popularity, you inclined to consider this the best game. It's a game of playing your opponent. I much favor Omaha 8. Omaha 8 is a game of odds. I play the odds, not my opponents.

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm starting to like it I only play because of the freerolls but I like it.

Its just I'm new and its a little weird getting used to lol

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree. I almost prefer Omaha just because of how the strength of a hand can change so quickly. Much variance in the game!

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a bigger bankroll if you play live. And sometimes it can become expensive to see the flop.

imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer Omaha cash games just because I like to gambooolll, but favor holdem for tourneys.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never thought of it that way

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some proker rooms promote Omaha and sometimes the prize is better than for the similar Texas game. Also as it is less popular it may be easier to find the edge there.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Texas Hold 'em is basically the alpha male game. You get two cards, and due to popularity, you inclined to consider this the best game. It's a game of playing your opponent. I much favor Omaha 8. Omaha 8 is a game of odds. I play the odds, not my opponents.

My homegame started playing Omaha Hi-Lo - once they found out that their crap cards can win half the pot....

You had to see the look in those degenerates' eyes!

Good luck !

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like Texas Hold'em the most, but I also have other options, such as Omaha, Horse, Badugi.

B

Babis VGS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha has huge variance, you are never far ahead so downsings and upswings are huge. Also I think you can not be a crusher easily due to this variance.

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo you need very good luck to win at Omaha. I can't stand the game, to be honest.

Twisterman

Twisterman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play ROE cashgames, cause there will be mostly Omaha players there who are often more gambling oriented, and it's much easier to beat them when you play holdem. It has been a success for me espesially online. :-D