Who's the greatest poker player of all time?

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put Phil Ivey slightly ahead of kid poker although I think a legitimate case could be made for either one of them. I think just behind those two would be a group that consist of Doyle Brunson, Bonomo and Stu Ungar

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. I think he's the best poker player.
Good luck.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stu Ungar is in my book with pure poker skill. He wasn't in any top winning category but could read a table better than anyone.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
phil helmuth lol
Interestingly enough if you ask Google who's the greatest poker player they'll tell you it's Phil Ivey. Wikipedia disagrees and they say it's Scotty Nguyen. party poker says there both wrong and the real goat is. Drum roll please... Phil Helmuth

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tough ?

I not sure this question can have a correct answer. There have been so many great poker players that it seems impossible to pick the one greatest player.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I find it difficult to conclude, players at different times dynamic of different games! in my view and Phil Ivey .:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey is widely considered as the best all-round poker player of modern times...but criteria could cover numerous bullet points and it can go on and on

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Ivey and Negreanu are the best and will be on most people top list, but for my personal favorites I'd have to add Dwan and Farha who is a real gambler and people tend to underrate

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion:
Best poker player of all time - Stu Ungar
Today's best poker player - Tom Dwan

My favorite poker player - Gus Hansen

OneSevenFi5

OneSevenFi5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think without a doubt, the best card player of all time is Stu Ungar, and if we're talking pre-2000's players, I'd also say he's the best poker player. Having said that, in the more modern era, you've got to probably break it down a bit more. For years Daniel "Jungleman" Cates was about as dominant as it could get in heads up play. Then with the popularity of nosebleed level tournament action in "high roller bowl" type settings, you've got the dominance of Justin Bonomo, and now Bryn Kenney. I find the latter two interesting because they sit atop the money list, but with a fraction of the tournament cashes of guys like Dnegs and Hellmuth.

I don't think I could come to an actual decision of who the best is or was. I can say, that personally the last people I want to see on my table in tournament or cash action, are Fedor Holz, Scott Seiver, Erik Seidel, or Phil Ivey anywhere near their prime.

Special shout out to my all time favorite player, Antonio Esfandiari.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i think best ever poker player is.... ME!
no no i joking i terrible poker player hahaha
i vote for ...
justin bonomo
but my fav is annie duke

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like Negreanu , Ivey , Hellmuth , Patrick Antonius . Who's the best ?? I don't know , maybe Hellmuth :)

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite poker players are Phil Ivey and Daniel Negreanu. They both have a unique style of play.

nikoszwtos93

nikoszwtos93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone has one and is like who is more favorite to some1.
For me Phil Ivey is a beast.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Give some love for Phil Hellmuth.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil más Negreanu, I really enjoy watching them both play ;)

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me, but I have a hard time backing that up because I haven't won anything yet. Trust me I am. Just like M Keaton in "Night Shift"

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite Player is definetly daniel Negreanu, if hes the best too i really cant tell haha

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For golden probably Phil Ivey.

He was really at the top in the past both in cash and MTTs, and he was also very respected online, unlike Hellmuth who despite winning many bracelets did not perform well online.

Negreanu probably the most constant and the most entertaining though.

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey for sure

Brian Rast maybe.. Ali is on a heater too