Who is Your Favorite Poker player ?

AllenKll

AllenKll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me!

But as far as players I admire, I would have to say I like Doyle Brunson before he got all preachy. Super System is a staple in any poker players library.

I also like Negreanu, I've read his books and don't totally agree with all the details of his play style, but it clearly gets results. He was also in that one poker movie, I had a laugh when a newb berated him in that one. Other than that, he seems like a nice guy.

Pure joy to watch though? The poker brat. It's like a train wreck, you just can't look away when he starts on a rant.

Thinking about the poker boom of the mid naughties, I think it was really fueled more by the personalities that were popular at the time more than Moneymaker cashing. Sure, moneymaker sparked the interest, but it's those personalities that kept the hype rolling.

Last edited:
frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am a fan of all grand poker players. All of them has interesting hystories of life to tell us.

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely Daniel Negreanu. It is pleasure to watch him and atmosphere he brings on tables is outstanding. Talking master of poker.
I do not underestimate other great players but he is my favorite.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite poker player is Daniel Negreanu. :)

O

Oldopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My favourite is poker twitch streamer Jnandez. He streams best omaha play and learned me a lot. Thanks

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Today there are great players around the world ... however staying for a long time among the best poker players is not easy ... very few manage to win major tournaments year after year ... and Daniel Negreanu has undoubtedly been one of them ... and for me it is the best of all ...!

P

possle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is Daniel Negreanu. He is not only a good player he is also an entertainer. That's the reason why he is so popular.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my view Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are some of the best poker players in modern history.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely Daniel Negreanu. It is pleasure to watch him and atmosphere he brings on tables is outstanding. Talking master of poker.

Yes, mine too!

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to say it is probably Daniel Negreanu at this point. I used to be a big Tom Dwan fan back before black friday. He has finally come out of hiding so he might become my favorite again at some point.

I like Dnegs cash and mtt play, probably one of the most well rounded poker players to ever play the game.

A

akadano29

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree! Great personality. Love to hang out with that guy! Wish I could play his level of poker. Love the game so much

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have three favorite players and I think they are the best. No doubt this is Jason Mercier, Daniel Negreanu, Phil Ivey.

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire many poker players, legends of this discipline as much as Daniel Negreanu, Gus hansen, Ivel, Brunson, Hellmuth among others. But my favorite player, from whom I've learned a lot from watching him play in live events, is O'Dwyer. He is a player that I feel identified with, I like how the game thinks. Hopefully one day it can be half of what it is.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it's me! :D
I like to play and I like to watch my game. But I can 't watch live tournaments with hyped stars. All the beauty comes up in a pair of really well- played hands. And these cuts can be viewed in the replay. And there is no point in singling out anyone specifically. You can see such hands that you will not find even on the Freeroll. And if you closely monitor someone in particular, you can collect a lot of such dull hands. That will lead to disappointment in your idol. The thoughts of these players and their advice are another matter. They say the right things. Give good advice and analysis. Many of them are great coaches. But a great theory doesn't equal a great practice.

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Favorite player is Phil Galfond he's a master of the game.

G

GioBonfante

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, is many guys I like to watch in action.
No rank, but much skills .. Phil Ivey, Phill Hellmuth, Tony G is funny, Daniel Negreanu, Akkari (good br), Charlie Carrel, Brad Owens and others, I don't remember right now

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, it is always Sara Chafak. :D

Attachments

• Sara Chafak.jpg
    Sara Chafak.jpg