Who is your biggest idol in poker?

G

Geeh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like any sport, poker could not be different, we all have our great idol.The one in which we mirror ourselves and we want to be equal to them or do half of what they already did. So tell me who is your greatest idol in poker?

Last edited by a moderator:
kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negrianu ho else the most amazing poker player , he plays with no worries and smiles all the time i love him!

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan Harington, I read a lot of his books, they taught me a lot in poker.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha lol Its is NOT Tony G

Daniel Negreanu is my favourite I wouldn't say any one was an idol but if Daniel wanted to take my Girlfriend out for the night and drop her of with a sore bum I would probably ask for his autograph with a big smile on my face then hand my Girlfriend some lube/Anusol and wish her a good night LMAO

Hope no one reminds me of this post if ever i get on a live table with him.. already been on an online game with him and he wasnt no top form that night...

Attachments

• david negreanue played with me.JPG
    david negreanue played with me.JPG
    115.8 KB · Views: 60
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have no idols but enjoy watching Ivey play. So composed and can get away with so many calls.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My favorite professional player is Jason Mercier. I am impressed with his style of play.
Good luck.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like any sport poker could not be different, we all have our great idol.the one in which we mirror ourselves and we want to be equal to him or do half of what he already did is not true so tell me who is his greatest idol in poker

Ukraine poker player Andrey Kozlenko (Babyshark14 )..

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu by far. Love his style and how he plays and acts while playing.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kostas

Negrianu ho else the most amazing poker player , he plays with no worries and smiles all the time i love him!

Hey Kostas!

I totally agree with you. Negreanu embodies what it means to be a professional on and off of the felt. Unfortunately I am one of the players that doesnt believe that poker qualifies as a "sport." To me it's just a competitive game. There are professionals - it is televised - it has come a long way and defintely has a massive following. Would you consider people that play pokemon cards a sport? Im gonna say 99% of people will say no way except for the mega nerds :p

Have you had a chance to see the documentary " Kid Poker " on Netflix? It is a fantastic documentary that re-tells Negreanu's story and how he got into poker. His Mother would make him lunch and bring it to the tournaments. He would go to Vegas in his beginning stages and go busto. It was great to see that even giants fall and to never give up on your dreams.

Great response! He's my favorite as well :)

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

A

Ak907native

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson. I love watching him play. He is the Grandfather of poker

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have no idols . for cash game, I love Esfandiari playing style ..:jd4:

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will kassouf, i love his banter and how much he ****s with people

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with a lot of posts regarding Negreanu...he has the perfect attitude for poker,and his ability to know what cards you are holding is uncanny...Phil Hellmuth is also good,but we all know he has baggage:)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, my idol is Daniel Negreanu, I like the way he plays and he always behaves merrily at the table and it is very good and I like his playing styles, he always plays well and even in those moments when he loses in tournaments because he will continue to play in other tournaments and he will have chances to win in other championships!

F

Freerollpass

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like Daniel Negreanu. But i also enjoy watching Phil Ivey, Tom Dwan and Gus Hansen play.

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the game of Vladimir Troyanovsky. I take a lot from his game. And of the famous players, perhaps no one is an idol.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my view Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are some of the best poker players in modern history. But given the growing popularity of poker, besides them, there are a lot of strong professional players.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I like our sanarodnik Dimitar Danchev Canadian Sam Greenwood otherwise my idol Miss finland:laugh::laugh::laugh:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker idol is my luck,my patience,my discipline,my time!So be yourself and earn
more than poker stars.There should be no idols in this sport,because you are no worse,because it all depends on luck:D
Good luck to all

H

Haftus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest idol is lex veldhuis, because I really lke the style he plays. He is pro for such a long time and wins many tournament and this is great. I will try to learn much from him and play as good as he does.