Who are you by profession?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is believed that poker is a game of intellectuals. Was wondering --what are some jobs that predominate among poker players?What is your educational background famous poker players? And who are YOU by profession?

among professionals there are players with higher education and without.Among non-professionals, too.Poker combines all. I like the doctor. AND YOU ?

Last edited by a moderator:
StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't have to be a math teacher to play poker,doctor, etc ....just play a lot of hands and you'll learn how to play it

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No i am electrican,but my work is CNC operator.

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am bad_kabal in pokerstar but my name Julian game since 1998

well I think 98% of strategy and skill 2% luck but luck and are used in all msm win because it is like a game of roulette you bet to see if hits now when u ve the letter oh yes u have to make your opponent to lose chips I work a distributor but has friend q company administrator to and play unless I think q poker and study

Last edited by a moderator:
rawbad

rawbad

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I work in construction I use a lot of math but my mother was a big teacher in my poker knowledge she seems to always win that's why we don't allow here to my monthly game anymore

alejandro huerta

alejandro huerta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's true poker is like school have to study to learn. I study engineering. :D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Production Manager for the last 20 years but a lover of cards all my life.

CSVidal

CSVidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, I am businessman and I think rather that many professional duties of my office enfluenciam in my game. As one psychologist, one mathematician, a chess player, among other offices that directly or indirectly help to play good poker.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I graduated in 2013 and trained as an engineer in computer systems.This is a fairly broad discipline that includes video surveillance systems, databases etc.There were many kinds of mathematics at the university, which helps me to this day ,including poker.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
IT manager. Computer science and math major.

Lostmyhouse

Lostmyhouse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am reading the laws of sweden, pretty damn boring. Dont really see myself working with it but well.. Time will tell, and you dont have any free will anyway.

angeliks

angeliks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
computer technician I feel very good online and face to face XD

K

kisintin01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a student!Just I got a bachelor's degree. I study in the direction of - protection of information by technical means. Poker - my life) Without him I "die" This is my hobby)

rodrigoudf

rodrigoudf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a student and in the near future personal trainer

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have had various jobs in the past. I mainly worked in the Transport/ Distribution area. I was a Distribution Manager at the Royal Mail for nearly 10 years and then moved on to be a Business Analyst at the Prudential Uk for about 5 years before going back to transport. My role as an analyst used a lot of mathematics and computer work. Finished schooling in the 80's with a few O'levels, (British qualifications of the past). I did not go to university, because in my day you had to be intelligent to go, not just use it as a place to be for 3/4/5 years..............(I mean I know of a girl who lives me who studied Knitwork for 3 years). Come on my grandmother taught me to knit in about 3 mins??

Math is a good background to have when playing poker, but as has been said - you can learn the math in poker quite easily with practice. Enough rambling from me...............gl all :D:D:D

A

assafyer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Development Manager at Amdocs Computer science BA

YourHuckleberry

YourHuckleberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to be a golf caddie but became a ditch-digger after I didn't get the caddie scholarship.

L

Lewa12

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do consulting in the IT-field.

skull89

skull89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a Medicine student. Poker is more linked on dedication and patience than a natural gift.

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have higher medical education. Work hospital epidemiologist.The ability to anticipate several steps ahead helps me.