Who here intends to be pro like me one day?

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I'm studying hard for one day to be pro

Not me. I have long given up the hope of ever becoming a professional poker player. The same with Tennis, Golf, Rugby, Cricket, etc. You could say, "There is just no hope for me now". LOL.:D

But, I hope your dream comes true for you. Keep up with the study and all the very best of luck to you.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I play for fun. But every day, I try to improve my game, refine my skills and gain experience. And I honestly think that in the future, I will have more victories than there are now.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a very ambitious goal.
You must be ready for years of hard daily work and study.
But if you really want it, then it is quite possible. Good luck.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah why not,im going to be a pro shortly without studying,hows that for ambitious.I still think experience is the best teacher.If i really wanted to be one of the best ever i would study for sure but my real goal is to be successful enough to earn a living from poker.I realise without study i will always be at a disadvantage in top player situations but i also realise every dog has its day and believe mine is coming soon enough :) gl all.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginner players commit a multitude of errors in the tournaments of poker: play too loose, too tight, be very aggressive, not be sufficiently aggressive, wrong size bets and many more.

With the favor of God.!! i will be a professional .!!1

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Not me :cool:

If you're proffessional (or trying to be) then obviously (sadly) you wouldn't have time to visit this forum lol

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play for fun but I try to play everyday better, I try to study 3/4 days per week. Sometimes I see my hands after play a session to see what I made wrong and try to increase my A game but I thing that I never be a pro.
Good luck and that you dreams come true.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays,it´s a hobby that I love a lot.But,of course, I would like to be a pro in the near future.It is a dream but who knows....

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love poker as well, being a pro would be nice, but there are going to be a lot of uphill battles, to get there. Dreams can be reach though, by not giving up. I wish you all the best. You got to have some good luck , and study hard anything is possible.

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would like it to be my full-time job, but have pretty low needs so what I need to make is very doable even on low stakes - might even be able to do it on freerolls! So would use the term full-time player, on not sully the term "pro" :)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
No, I would make more money just doing my current job, I'm not good enough and don't want to put the time and effort required to get good enough to give up my job. I also like my job, I highly doubt I would like being a poker pro.

:top:

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not me, I am just a recreational poker player. I like to play because it is entertaining and addicting. But, it's too hard to be a pro and make enough money to pay the bills playing poker. I will just keep my day job and play this for fun.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It`s not bad to learn books.I have 40-50 online pdf books.And from tomorrow on my stupid work I start to learn because I AM A PRO.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No, I would make more money just doing my current job, I'm not good enough and don't want to put the time and effort required to get good enough to give up my job. I also like my job, I highly doubt I would like being a poker pro.

:top:

This ^ is pretty much the same for me.... except that I don't have a job right now.... but the job I don't have is still preferable to being a poker pro.
IF I had a $2million roll, I'd consider becoming a poker pro but would rarely play a tourney with a buyin above $5k. Mostly because I don't think I'd be competitive vs. that field.
IF I knew what I know now, & was able to go 10yrs. back in time, I think I'd consider it (with a $1mill roll that is). In other words... it ain't gonna happen.
I'm not very good and doubt I could become good enough.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For everyone who loves the game, it would be a dream to live of poker but it is not that simple. I don't see myself being a pro, I lack important things like study discipline (I study but I know it's not enough), proper bankroll management and principally a cash reserve so I can devote myself exclusively to poker.

T

thxitz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always watch the transmissions of the biggest tournaments, and it's impossible to not dream about playing with those incredible players. But, like others already said, I don't think that would become true.
Anyway, still trying to improve my game and having some fun on the tables.
Good luck for you and chase your dreams.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm studying hard for one day to be pro
I just play poker in my free time, but to become a professional you will need to learn a lot about poker and learn a lot about poker and understand a lot about the game, so good luck with your success, good luck and good training!

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't intend to make it as a poker pro as I've already spent 7 years in school preparing for my career. There's just something about cracking the game though that's irresistible ... the dream of having a positive expectation over the field ... I can't let it go but also not willing to invest the study to take it serious ... go figure!

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't intend to become a pro player. I heard it has become harder, online players have gotten a lot better and the game is not getting that much new players compared to 10-15 years ago when its popularity bloomed.

What do you think is the easier way to become pro, win wsop and have a nice personality to get sponsored?

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely I will remain recreational player :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck on achieving your goal! Being a pro poker player was not something I would’ve thought was that likely for me back when I started playing but I developed a serious passion for the game and also fell in love with the idea of the kind of life it could enable me to lead (one with travel and immense flexibility).

While it has certainly had challenges at times, I’m extremely happy that I chose this unconventional career path and that it has enriched my life in so many ways! May you succeed and be even happier than I’ve been with my decision made over ten years ago! [emoji4]