Who Do You Think Are the Best Players?

B

BOTAFOGOES1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey has been considered by many the best poker player in the world for a long time now which player could be considered the best?

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey has been considered by many the best poker player in the world for a long time now which player could be considered the best?

Phil Ivey.... Shaun Deeb, Daniel Negreanu, Guess it really depends on opinion.. Deeb is ahead in the Player of the year race. Ivey is freaking Ivey...... and Negreanu has led earnings for a long time until bonomo. If I'm giving my personal opinion as to who I think is playing the best poker this year I would say Justin Bonomo. Also can make a case for
Stephen Chidwick. ...Fedor Holz. ...David Peters. ...Nick Petrangelo. ...Dan Smith. ...Stefan Schillhabel. ...and Koray Aldemir. It's all opinion really, results are usually a go to for making a case, but with sponsors and results only showing profit and not loss it's really not that fair of a measurement stick ya know.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the best players are Daniel Negreanu, I like the way he plays and his cheerful and good attitude at the table in tournaments or in cash games!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me now there are no special differences between poker stars.
All of them are super stars for me, excellent players of the game master.
I like the players of the old generation and the young poker stars.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is the best player for me! Member of the Poker Hall of Fame since 2007! Winner of fifteen world series of poker bracelets !!! He is a legend!

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Daniel Negreanu is the best for me :D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best? Cash and Bracelets - split this nomination into a few categories as personally i do not and have never rated Phil Ivey as the best, in recent years with the emergence of the online boom, Phil has in fact slipped out of the limelight more choosing to focus on high value cash games.
For me - of all time - i think we have a new name that i propose as the best - Justin Bonomo

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the past I would have said Daniel Negreanu, but I think he hasn't been winning alot past couple of years, so I think I will say Phil Ivey is now the best player (or my favorite player).

paulinhlt

paulinhlt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fedor Holz is the best, besides having already retired for being so good: D

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
TudorPithon
CardsChat Regular
league_member.png
Plays at: Pokerstars
Game: Holdem
In his prime Doyle Brunson was the best.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Greetings to you in our community.
In my view Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey are some of the best poker players in modern history. But, no doubt, besides them, there are also many very strong players. Good luck.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Best players for me are Phil Ivey for his great knowledge of the poker games , Phil Hellmuth for his bracelets/best tournament play style , and Daniel Negreanue because .. he's Daniel :) , he has a great history in poker (plus so many cash outs ) .
I love them , I love watching their old poker games , they are all awesome :)

From the new players I have not found someone to adore like these guys

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best player is me !!!! (will be in a year)
:thrasher:

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal favorite player is negreanu...plus he has the highest winnings of any player. But there are many many others. The best player is a subjective term...other people will have different opinions on whos the best

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think anyone has named a bad player. Even the guy who said "me" is actually really good, probably, um, so. yeah.

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is difficult to choose one. In live poker, I think Tom Dwan and Victor Blom.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, in my opinion, I have several players who think they are the best, but I agree on Phil Ivey, to the I consider a great player. But for me the best player of recent times is Daniel Negreanu. regards

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negranu and Phil Hellmuth are my all time favorites.

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth is the best in the world only he is very bad loser Phil Ivey is at his best and daniel negreanu is my idol because of his way of being at the tables he is an excellent player but he is not in the top 5 he would be like the lucky 6 regards:eek::cool:

Johnson baker

Johnson baker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably Daniel. He seems to possess a sixth sense to go along with his knowledge and experience.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my beginnings i thought dwan as the best, but today i can say that daniel is the best ..

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Every time has its own poker legends. Once, Stu Ungar was considered the best player, now there are other poker heroes, soon we will hear new names. Maybe it will be your names.:)

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
For cash games I admire a lot players who aren't in the spotlight but have managed to stay in the highest stakes consistently, like Lars Luzak, Mikael Thuritz, etc. And I've always respected Isildur1 for his fearless approach to the game.

When it comes to MTTS, I would say Stu Ungar is my favourite. And I admire Chris Ferguson, Allen Cunningham, Phil Hellmuth, Davidi Kitai too.

B

BOTAFOGOES1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Curiosity of who each player thinks more important in a sit go of 90 players

Tip to play a sit go tournament of 90 players in just one word. Which one would you be?

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, Daniel Negreanu is one of the best poker players of all time. His success at the poker world scene is best illustrated and should not be wasted too much on this man. The man is poker that Kasparov is chessing or Messi in football literally. Special in every sense!