who is the best?

negroapaz

negroapaz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here are 10 of the best players in the history of poker, Phil Ivey is my favorite, also is the last winner wsop 2009, well I hope if I forget what they think of one I apologize, I appreciate your collaboration

Attachments

• the best.JPG
    the best.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 20
A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey is the most consistent of the group. I'm going with him.
I'm putting Doyle 2nd, Hellmuth 3rd (although I think he is highly over rated), Hachem 4th, Cunningham 5th, Raymer 6th, Ferguson 7th, Hanson 8th, Negreanu 9th, Lederer 10th.

Thats just me though.

Hynes1986

Hynes1986

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cada??? Nothing against him but he def does NOT belong in that group.

brianvoytek

brianvoytek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats actually a horrible list. Cada and Gus have no business in the top 10 greats of all time. Even Howard shouldnt be there...or Joe or even Raymer. You should have Stu Unger in there for sure. I'll come up with a list and post it but thats a list of someone who has just started watching poker on tv the past few years not someone who understands the game and its history.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats actually a horrible list. Cada and Gus have no business in the top 10 greats of all time. Even Howard shouldnt be there...or Joe or even Raymer. You should have Stu Unger in there for sure. I'll come up with a list and post it but thats a list of someone who has just started watching poker on tv the past few years not someone who understands the game and its history.

Anyone can understand a game and its history, so should we all be on that list? Cmon' that makes no sense.:joyman: :joyman:

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure they are who I consider the 10 best. But of the ones you have I would pick Doyle and Helmuth

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey is the most consistent of the group. I'm going with him.
I'm putting Doyle 2nd, Hellmuth 3rd (although I think he is highly over rated), Hachem 4th, Cunningham 5th, Raymer 6th, Ferguson 7th, Hanson 8th, Negreanu 9th, Lederer 10th.

Thats just me though.

You place helmuth 3rd but he's over-rated? I'd love to be the 3rd best player in the world :).

Yeah, it's not a good list to pick from, i'd probs pick Ivey, Brunson still makes a killing at the cash tables too.

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I have a lot of problems with this list...Raymer is probably my least favorite player..

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I have a lot of problems with this list...Raymer is probably my least favorite player..

How come? Raymer is a good guy and reasonable player

LAnd list is so bad. Even if we're just talking tournaments it's super bad

S

sheepy10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no top 10 poll is complete without stu ungar

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip Reese and Barry Greenstein are missing as well.

T

TheWall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is certainly a terrible list. If I had to rate them for tournaments and not cash games I would say...

1. Phil Ivey
2. Phil Helmuth
3. Chris Ferguson
4. Daniel Negreanu
5. Doyle Brunson
6. Joe Hachem
7. Gus Hansen
8. Greg Raymer
9. Joe Cada
10. Howard Lederer

Keep in mind there are numerous players that are better, actually I think I'll make a topic about it right now!

S

Songtime

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is nice to see that the list is comprised of 10 of the greatest, and not the 10 greatest players in the history of the game. Because the criteria for greatness wasn't defined prior to establishing the list, you can be allowed some latitude. It is entirely subjective and therefore a great starting poing for debate. I'll continue to read to see if anyone comes up with some measurable, objective criteria for greatness. Once that list is established to the satisfaction of forum readers and participants, I'd like to see how many of these selections make the cut.

retrogamer

retrogamer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know its common typical answer.. But yes, Ivey is the best ever in my opinion..

G

given68

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well this is a tough one i would say.

Ivey is the man right now clearly.

Loaded question would of been past present and future.

Past Stuey

Present Phil I.

Future ????????

M33K3R

M33K3R

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to name the greatest, but I think that ivey and Brunson are at the top of that list.

rcman1980

rcman1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How about johnny chan ?
should he be on that list ?

H

HillmanB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How come? Raymer is a good guy and reasonable player

LAnd list is so bad. Even if we're just talking tournaments it's super bad

To me he just seems too much like a fad player such as Chris MoneyMaker...sure hes a solid player and successful but I dont think he would be on that list.

*And Cada isnt even old enough to tell what hes going to be like as a player really.

peacebrother

peacebrother

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raymer and Moneymaker not bad one of them took down the 1/4 milly last week

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here are 10 of the best players in the history of poker, Phil Ivey is my favorite, also is the last winner wsop 2009, well I hope if I forget what they think of one I apologize, I appreciate your collaboration
I want to pick doyle but phil is my favorite he makes poker entertaining:cool:

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dude bi love your avatar i have a spade with a skull on another forum hint my name dead spade:cool:

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think cada should be included in this list. He's only 21 and even though he won the wsop main event, he still hasnt proved himself as one of the ten greatest of all time. Im surprised Matasows name hasnt come up yet. I would put him pretty high up on that list