infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Professional players are players who earn by playing poker. Earnings can vary, depending on the needs and level of the professional player, but I think the amount should be at least $ 1,000 a month on a regular basis.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Professional players are players who earn by playing poker. Earnings can vary, depending on the needs and level of the professional player, but I think the amount should be at least $ 1,000 a month on a regular basis.

Is it possible to consider a professional player who won a large amount of money in a poker tournament, enough for a normal life for example during a year, such as Chris Moneymaker?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it possible to consider a professional player who won a large amount of money in a poker tournament, enough for a normal life for example during a year, such as Chris Moneymaker?

He went right back to work at his job after winning wsop in 2003. Could he of remained a pro forever?
It’s possible, but I’m sure he also knew it was risky or that he simply didn’t want to rely on cards to make a living.

(Moneymaker still plays poker though, have a friend that plays with him at tournaments; or at least his pictures show him playing with him lol)

Last edited:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A player who consistently makes poker for a living in my understanding will be considered a professional !!!

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player who consistently makes poker for a living in my understanding will be considered a professional !!!
I'm not understand exactly - you said that everyone who play poker regularly and constantly is pro?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He went right back to work at his job after winning WSOP in 2003. Could he of remained a pro forever?
It’s possible, but I’m sure he also knew it was risky or that he simply didn’t want to rely on cards to make a living.
(Moneymaker still plays poker though, have a friend that plays with him at tournaments; or at least his pictures show him playing with him lol)
So players like Moneymaker pro or not?

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Professional poker players are people who make a living playing poker on a regular basis. These people set the trends in this game, know it perfectly (mostly) ...

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is a "professional poker player" and how much do you think they should earn?

This is the person who makes money playing poker. Earnings should be enough for a living. The specific amount depends on the quality of the game. Every professional player has a chance to get a big win in one tournament. It is this money that then helps to ensure financial independence for many years.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So players like Moneymaker pro or not?

They still play for money but don’t play to make a living. Dan Harrington is another example, he won WSOP in 95 but his career is in real estate I believe.

I think the term professional can be used both ways, because if you play for money you are playing professional poker. But I would classify a professional poker player as someone that bases his/her livelihood on that craft as their career.

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the person who makes money playing poker. Earnings should be enough for a living. The specific amount depends on the quality of the game. Every professional player has a chance to get a big win in one tournament. It is this money that then helps to ensure financial independence for many years.

I think that to. You are a professional if u can make your living of it. Every "professional" had a chance of winning a big tournament and recieve this life changing amount of money. I think you need to keep constant on a very high level.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Who is a "professional poker player" and how much do you think they should earn?

Who is a professional sportsman? In my opinion, this is the person has proven his skills, participates in various competitions and earns this. But even here it can be divided into categories, for example: master of sports, master of sports of international class, etc. So it is in poker and any other game. There are different tournaments in terms of skill level, financial component, etc., where you need to prove by deeds that you are the best.:jd4:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Professional players are players who earn by playing poker. Earnings can vary, depending on the needs and level of the professional player, but I think the amount should be at least $1,000 a month on a regular basis.
That's $250.00 per week, I earn $250 in less than 1 day in my normal job, I couldn't live on $250.00 per week, my fuel bill just to and from work is around $180.00 per week, Mortgage is around $300.00 per week, then I have to eat, pay for electricity, gas, water, internet, and mobile phone bills, $1000.00 per week may be a bit closer and even then it wouldn't be a comfortable life and there's no ability to save for when variance inevitably hits. :icon_pale

;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Professional players are those whose main job is poker and this job brings them income. I think that the income of a professional player should be determined on the basis of the average salary in his country.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

Professional poker player is some mysterious creature who you are never seeing here (atleast not before they become "professional" ...) ;)

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
A person which main income source is from playing poker. And that income can vary dramatically with most, I dare say, just making minimum or average pay in their country.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

a professional player is a player who participates in several tournaments, arrives at several final tables, has the financial support of playing poker, and they win millions. That's a poker player! : D

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for my part i consider poker a hobit. a pre-professional player must above all acquire a good level of play but also a banckroll which can allow him to play on large buy-ins. he must also earn several thousand dollars a month.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's $250.00 per week, I earn $250 in less than 1 day in my normal job, I couldn't live on $250.00 per week, my fuel bill just to and from work is around $180.00 per week, Mortgage is around $300.00 per week, then I have to eat, pay for electricity, gas, water, internet, and mobile phone bills, $1000.00 per week may be a bit closer and even then it wouldn't be a comfortable life and there's no ability to save for when variance inevitably hits. :icon_pale ;)
Cause of this is you live in Australia but infonazar in Ukraine - and $250/week enough for him, but not for you:p.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They still play for money but don’t play to make a living. Dan Harrington is another example, he won WSOP in 95 but his career is in real estate I believe.
I think the term professional can be used both ways, because if you play for money you are playing professional poker. But I would classify a professional poker player as someone that bases his/her livelihood on that craft as their career.
I think that to. You are a professional if u can make your living of it. Every "professional" had a chance of winning a big tournament and recieve this life changing amount of money. I think you need to keep constant on a very high level.
Professional players are those whose main job is poker and this job brings them income. I think that the income of a professional player should be determined on the basis of the average salary in his country.
A person which main income source is from playing poker. And that income can vary dramatically with most, I dare say, just making minimum or average pay in their country.
a professional player is a player who participates in several tournaments, arrives at several final tables, has the financial support of playing poker, and they win millions. That's a poker player! : D
for my part i consider poker a hobit. a pre-professional player must above all acquire a good level of play but also a banckroll which can allow him to play on large buy-ins. he must also earn several thousand dollars a month.
As I understand from all your answers, poker pro must earn by playing poker enough money to pay all needs in his life. But prizes in poker tournaments is limited and no one pokerpro can't wait to win money every game. Poker pro first must have some bankroll for participating in games and some money for living. So how much money must have player to become pro?

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably didnt see that part of my post in brackets then :cool:
Sorry, may be my english too poor, so I'm not understood what means
Professional poker player is some mysterious creature who you are never seeing here (atleast not before they become "professional" ...)
:eek:

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That's $250.00 per week, I earn $250 in less than 1 day in my normal job, I couldn't live on $250.00 per week, my fuel bill just to and from work is around $180.00 per week, Mortgage is around $300.00 per week, then I have to eat, pay for electricity, gas, water, internet, and mobile phone bills, $1000.00 per week may be a bit closer and even then it wouldn't be a comfortable life and there's no ability to save for when variance inevitably hits. :icon_pale

;)

I agree with you. But in my country, the average salary is about $ 400.
It is possible that for your country the earnings of a professional player should be at least $ 10,000 a month.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

As far as I know, Chris Moneymaker is now a professional player.