Where and how do you play - when online?

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably not what it sounds like but I am just curious -

When you are playing online - where and how is your set up? Living room? Basement? Spare Bedroom? Big screen? Laptop?

What would you do different if you could?

Okay so this is nuts but I play on a laptop - laying propped up in bed with the laptop on my chest (for that Cinema-scope look). Most I can ever feel comfortable with is 4 windows at once, but usually just 2. I am in this position because it is where I get the least disturbances.

I hate it because I would like to be able to take better notes. Very cumbersome and slow typing on your chest. My dream would be to create a station in the basement with a 32" (or more) screen and adapt a game controller to play with.

H

HotShotX

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in the office using a standing desk, but also have access to a recliner in the same room for when I need to take a 5-10 minute sitting break to give my legs a rest.

I find using the standing desk, in addition to being a healthier choice, keeps me more alert during those long 4-5 hour MTTs.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laptop, I move around, sometimes on my desk in my room, sometimes in the living room, once I'm comfortable, Im fine.

D

deeshark420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play at home

I play at home,at a desk in my living room,I block everything else out.I do have kids and grandkids its not always easy. my spot is comfortable for the long hours of play and believe me i spend long hours playing,enjoying poker.

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my computer desk in ;an alcove in the living room. Unfortunately I cannot see the TV from here, but I listen and run over when I hear something interesting

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my computer desk in ;an alcove in the living room. Unfortunately I cannot see the TV from here, but I listen and run over when I hear something interesting
Ahh the alcoves.

Also is that you in avatar?

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a corner desk in the living room that I play at on my desktop. I also have it on my wife's laptop when I just wanna chill on the couch and play some hands.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Laptop, small netbook. I usually am playing at the kitchen table, while eating a snack.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in the office using a standing desk, but also have access to a recliner in the same room for when I need to take a 5-10 minute sitting break to give my legs a rest.

I find using the standing desk, in addition to being a healthier choice, keeps me more alert during those long 4-5 hour MTTs.

Actually I saw you had stated this in another post and that's what got me curious and prompted this question. I have to ask though - do you pace? I think I'd be all over the room. Also think it's a cool idea.

trucker103

trucker103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have a room 5 puters big screen tv thats from the days when we had poker sites to play on lol
guess its a man cave lol but somedays when i have been playing i use 1 laptop when i am in hot tub see ing these days lucky to play a game or 2 a month !

Leo 50

Leo 50

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play on my laptop but I move around, I have a setup in my office
that the laptop plugs into with an extra monitor, larger keyboard etc.

So it varies, if I’m really trying to play, no TV, no web surfing....just pay attention to the poker

:cool:

tbdbitl

tbdbitl

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the day for me. I have a nice double monitor set up in my home office, but I get uncomfortable in there if I am playing long tourneys. However I have played in there with multiple games going on my powerful desk machine, while having games going on 2 laptops on each side of me.

But, mostly I play on my 4 year old 15" laptop (really need to upgrade it to a 17" with more power! I like to move around from the island in the kitchen to the couch infront of the flat screen TV. I've sat with it on my porch and at a picnic table when camping. But, the most important advantage is being able to sit on the porcelain throne and never miss a hand!

C

CANDYMAN1414

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play on my laptop at night when more people are on. During the day I have this thought only full time players are online. I also have the radio on but NO tv so I can consentrate

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my 17" laptop on my desk in between classes at work, or when im at home, sitting on the bed with the laptop on the knees. No fancy equipment here.

A

ayrton

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have a laptop that i use lying in bed. I like being comfortable and lying down. I dont find typing a problem because ive used it for so many years like this its just became normal.
When i get some money il probably upgrade my desktop and get 2 monitors connected to it so i can browse the web while i play. I try to play while on the web now, but my laptop just laggs too much.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
laptop on our couch so I can watch tv and be near the misses.

WTFALLIN

WTFALLIN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Laptop or nothing lol have a five year old that i end up having to chase around IF im playin while hes up so makes it easier for me to be mobile while i play.....dont usualy fare to well when i try and play during the day hard to concentrate. LOL

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big corner desk in our living room with 3 computers, 1 laptop with extra screen, 1 laptop and a tower pc.

Enough room for two to sit down and use computers tv over left shoulder office swivel chair allows poker on one screen, CC on other and watching the final episode of "missing" over the shoulder.