When you're losing at poker.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What should we do when we are losing every day in poker? Best of how many days to play again What do you do when you are in a situation like this ??

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
analyze your game, and take time to continue learning, improve your game, on YouTube there are many videos of tournaments or sessions and it is very interesting to see them to learn, here also a lot of information, the main thing is to continue learning and since you think it is the moment you return to the tables:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The first thing is to calm down and review your played hands and give yourself a break for about two days to put your thoughts in order and review every mistake we make so when you return you will be fine

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's always a good thing to take a couple of days off and when ready to get back, make sure you've eaten and slept well. you need to be in an ideal state physically and mentally.
Taking time to study during those days off and taking advantage of the material available on youtube and Cardschat is a plus too.
And these days, the 30 day course presented here on CC by Collin M. and Katie D. is awesome. If you haven't yet, check it out just to look at things from a different perspective. I wish you the best of luck...

Last edited:
M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I lose every day to poker, I take a break and
I start playing when I have a mood and desire.:)

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First make sure you can win in the long run or admit to yourself you are a losing player who plays for fun.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
'losing in poker' can be such a vague term.

since starting back again in march, i can confidently say i've lost more mtt's than i've won/cashed in. in fact, i have an 85% failure rate in mtts. but, i also made numerous final table runs in the 15% of mtts i've cashed in and have 2 mtt wins. i've made over $250 in profits off of a $55 deposit.

so, am i losing player? it depends on your perspective. if you think you're a losing player because you bust out a lot of mtts (for example), then you'd be correct. in fact, every successful pro mtt player would be a losing player if that is what you base success off of.

if you based success off of roi% or total profit, then it's a bit different. would it matter if i bust out of 99 mtts in a row if I win the 100th mtt and make $100K in total profit? not really. i mean, does anyone go "well, he might have a million in profits but he only cashed 500x/5k mtts, he's a losing player!"?

so, are you a losing player? it depends on what you define as 'losing'.

Last edited:
D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your final balance is to determine if your loosing or winning .when you make profit then your a winner

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find I win small and lose big. Maybe tilt but I have had my fair share of horrid suck outs thats for sure + a few donkey all ins as well. 3 months playing cash at 2NL & 4NL 8000 hand -$30

So I would say thats losing haha

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, first you need to calm your nerves)) because sometimes you can lose everything, try to think and disassemble the hand in which you made the wrong decision, turn off poker and turn on the movie or go for a walk with friends, just switch to something else)

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i lose when i get pissed off fast. Then i just take a break and call down then start winning 😁

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a break that lasted about 2 years. It probably depends on how gambling you are. I think if you play only free tournaments and do not make deposits, then you can not take breaks.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Beats

Hello, there will always be bad streaks or bad shots, there are two important things in this, the first is to see if it is a bad streak or if we are making mistakes, either by hands that do not have to be played or bad decisions. This is discovered by analyzing the sessions to correct the errors. The second is how to assume those bad streaks, you just have to accept them and continue playing 100% mentalized to make the best decisions, if you can not, we end the session there and return when we are mentally focused to give the best. regards

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if u loose a big amount of cash take a break, trust me thats the best advice you can get..i learn it on my own skin haha

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you just don't have good cards... for hours(
No luck(

Then I have the "lifehack": if it's cash game I'm changing table. Just sit to the next one.
This way, I'm going to play for play money Just to calm down, to win something..
And after several wins I do a break.
Sometimes it takes about 2-3 days to start again.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
95% of poker players lose money and continue to play, this is gambling and excitement

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it’s very difficult to stop playing when you lose money, i want to return the money

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What should we do when we are losing every day in poker? Best of how many days to play again What do you do when you are in a situation like this ??

Stop playing for at least 2 days and try to do something else, which you love to do. And then on fresh mind I come up back and try to play my style again without changing nothing. Mentality and self-control is the most important. Try to control yourself in difficult situations.

K

Knuckles46

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it’s worth losing everything, scolding yourself, calm down, draw conclusions and continue. This is experience.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you don't understand why you lost, you are in trouble. Was it a bad read, variance or did you get your money in right? Losing to a suck-out on the river is ok. Losing to pocket aces when you read AK is not.

kandauroff

kandauroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a break for a couple of days and learn something new in poker until I am ready to play again, but in general it’s important to observe bankroll management and everything will be fine

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
take a day just to check the history of your hands try to see where you played badly if you can't identify it make a post in the forum and read the criticism and observations of the community that would be my advice

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you lose a lot and often, then it's time to do poker training to improve your game !!!

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The break in such cases helps me the best. After a few days break, I feel patient enough to start winning again.

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when i start losing successively i stop for 2 to 5 days and come back little by little analyzing my game, to try not to make simple mistakes!