When did you realize you were hooked on poker?

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me and thankfully, I wasn't because I miss jury duty.but I did forget to pick up a birthday cake because of poker. Image a birthday party without a cake..
icon7.gif

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol. I wouldn't say i'm addicted or hooked to poker anymore but when i first got into it i could not get enough. I have ditched work for tournaments in the past.I enjoyed playing hands and winning pots, getting away with 3 barrel bluffs and such. Now a days i only play 1 tourney each day maybe 2... and some days i don't feel like playing so i know i'm not addicted =D. I am recreational player now =].

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me and thankfully, I wasn't because I miss jury duty.but I did forget to pick up a birthday cake because of poker. Image a birthday party without a cake..
icon7.gif

I found myself hooked into poker long time ago when i made my fist cash out. I was so proud of me and that idea to make my own money was raising in my head. During the years i found that i enjoy the game even on the break even times.

Jilty

Jilty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At first an addiction and then it became a thinking sport.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think when i start to learn and win, at first i always lose, but, by the time, and practice is 50-50. i have a lot to learn yet.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I started to fight with the class in poker discussions .....

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not think I'm addicted, I really enjoy playing poker and I chose to be my source of income, I think it's my vocation and not an addiction.

glafef

glafef

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was around 15 playing freerolls alot and won sometimes, I was hooked and couldn't wait to be 18 to play for real. It was big ass screen I had as a computer, real fat. online poker was all new and I was there around the birth of it all. have played ever since with some breaks.

A

alexis888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hooked on poker on the first day I got to know it. I remember I played during all that day on old Bet&Win and was fascinated.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not say that I am addicted, but sometimes I am drawn to play

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think that this is about addiction! if we talk about when I realized that I like to play, that was 2 years ago! and now I even regret not being interested in poker much earlier

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In early 2004 when I started watching the replays of Moneymakers wsop main run. Soon I was watching every WPT episode and playing as much as I could. Been hooked ever since :)

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Over Winter break from school when my family played a few games of poker and everyone had such a great time, I was hooked! The time with family with nobody looking at their cell phones and just interacting with each other makes the game for me. Now I just want to get better!

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i spent my whole days off playing, now everyday is my day off

James_Harrison

James_Harrison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably way back in high school when we had it all, but were looking forward to the next time to chill and play poker.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was playing poker all night instead of sleeping and then I had to go to work - without sleep I felt like a zombie :embarasse

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I realized when I started playing for the first time.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I remember was having a few beers with good friends but, before I get there to join them, I was already registered in a tourney (online). I just couldn't lose it, despite I could be eliminated at the first hands, and I was:). You know... it was like I had an important meeting, or a date with a girl, for example.:D

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I became interested in the game a long time ago and I say that the game has become an addiction for me, I really like the game, and I have had moments when I was fond of the game and forgot to do something, so I decided for myself that I needed to do everything things and then in your free time to play for- the game!

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
icon7.gif

I realized i was an addict when i couldn't survive a day without playing poker. I have since got over the addiction. Thankfully i wasn't a gambling addict in the sense of throwing my money away and then putting it more. When my money ran out, I had to stop playing.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I first started playing Texas Holdem is when I was hooked on the game. It has been over 13 years of playing poker. I still love to learn and play poker.

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also do not feel like I am hooked in an addicting way, but I do enjoy a challenge. It is a challenge that could have financial benefits at the end, so that makes it more interesting as who would like to make a little more money. :)

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never really thought of my playing poker as an addiction until my internet would go down from time to time.

Cue the rageahol

Definitely more than just a pastime for me. Addiction is a strong word

stillgotouts

stillgotouts

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
15 years old, when I was running an underage underground gambling ring. I started watching full tilt university videos and realizing it was a skill game. That was my hook point.