When you lose with a winning hand, what do you do to forget?

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just try to be absent for several days so as not to psychologically mistreat myself, and when the time is up, I only think about playing my best.
I encourage everyone, there are good and bad times :)

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
some time I would be very frustrated and if I had more tables it would affect my game. now for me and something normal is lost with winning hands, as well as when you win with weak hands!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you had the winning hand, how did you lose? you might be in the lead on the flop or turn with a strong hand that has a lot of equity to win, but it isn't the winning until the board completely runs out. it might sound like i'm nit picking with how you phrased things but it's really important to recognize your equity vs your opponent and how future streets can affect those numbers.

Stabbi

Stabbi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That piss me off a lot. After that i am nervous and want to throw my phone. But actually i should just live the game and do something other.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I just think that's how poker is. Many times we remember the hands that we lost, but we do not remember the hands that we won in the same way. So is this wonderful game. GL

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes this happens to every player. But for me personally this is not a problem. All that matters to me is that I make the right decision. If my decisions are right, then in the long run I will have a good result.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get angry when I lose with a super favorite and if I’m playing other tournaments at the same time, I usually start playing on tilt and lose too, but if it’s only one tournament I just quit poker for the day.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm that it is better to stop playing when you are on tilt. It is only when I am calm and ready to make the right decisions that I start playing again.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In my opinion the best thing you can do is to remind yourself that you want your opponent to call all-in on the turn drawing to two outs on the river.

On the approximately 4% of occasions when they catch their miracle card, you don't mind losing the pot because you know it's a spot where 96% of the time you win.

Pretty sure that learning to understand and appreciate this is a poker rite of passage..

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just remember that this is part of the game for every player and you can't win all hands in which you are favorite. If you follow good bankroll management such bad situations will not hit too hard your bankroll and you should be able to continue playing normally.

N

Nele

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i smoke J when something isn't going my way so it goes for that too xD

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It happens every day when you play a lot of poker. So the best way to deal with it is to just play another hand and blame the loss on variance. If you have 10 in a row and you still lose, take a break , it's not your day.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think about the hands you won but shouldn't. Poker Gods giveth and then taketh.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just try to be absent for several days so as not to psychologically mistreat myself, and when the time is up, I only think about playing my best.
I encourage everyone, there are good and bad times :)
Quite often, many players complain that a poker loss does not leave them. As a rule, microlimit players have time for this; their more experienced and successful comrades will devote more time to working on errors instead of complaints. Most players consider the main reasons for the loss to be anything but their level of play.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is poker, you can win with a bad hand and lose with a winning hand, the game needs to be treated philosophically

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I know that I did everything correctly it is easier to forget than when I should have removed the villain from the hand before or folded.

A good tip is to have a very large volume of hands or to play screens simultaneously, so that you will see that defeat is part of the game and even more, that you are also lucky in impossible hands.

Finally, if nothing goes right, stop playing, read poker books or just hang out with the people you love and have fun until you cool off.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you never forget ... i remember the first time i lost with AA.
This is poker, you can win with a bad hand and lose with a winning hand.
It's terrible Just remember that this is part of the game for every player!

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I quit the game and usually watch TV. At the same time, in my head I scroll the annoyance and hope that I’ll be lucky another time:)

E

eluwinka0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest - I do nothing. Even 99% isnt 100% so I dont really care about bad beats, they just happen sometimes

elizeuof

elizeuof

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a part of the game, sometime you will lose, you can play your best game, but there are no way to win always...

I prefer to don´t care, the first thing to do are analyze your game to find if there a mistake for your part, when more hands you play, less will care with some badbeats.

But there are some hands you will never forget, it's great, will help to play better. My advice to you are to take a time, avoid the badbeat, prefer to play only when you are not susceptible for tilt.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No need to forget. Just keep playing my game.

youri

youri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there are times when, for ex, you flop a straight and villain improves his set by making a fullhouse and it feels bad. It can tilt some players.
What I do, is take a quite time before each session and remind myself that there are no guarrantees in poker and bad beats happen, you can lose like the example I gave. I just ask the question, did I make the correct dicision? If I did then there is no worries and I move on. If I didn't make the correct dicision and I goofed on then I make sure I don't repeat it.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands