When will poker die?

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will poker ever die?What can replace it?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is not as popular as before, but I think that it will not die. Many people still play.

A

areola77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
helloo,,i think poker will never die

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it will stick around a good while yet - still remains popular. Certainly the internet's rise has helped poker so if it can survive in the digital age, it's hard to see what would potentially cause it to die out.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not as popular as before, but I think that it will not die. Many people still play.
Are you aware of any studies that show that poker is less popular now than in the past? I tried searching on it but (other than Black Friday) can't really find anything conclusive.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Are you aware of any studies that show that poker is less popular now than in the past? I tried searching on it but (other than Black Friday) can't really find anything conclusive.
I do not need research to see how the number of players in the rooms has decreased.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also agree that it is not as popular as it used to be, but thinking about his death is out of my mind, with the migration of pro mode online poker further strengthens its existence. I think we will die and future poker players will take our place at the tables.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Replace poker can only - sex ..)))
Only it has as much adrenaline as in poker ..))))
:knuddel:

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker encompasses a variety of games. Over the years some rose in popularity while others waned. Hold’em is popular right now (thanks in large measure to online gaming and television), but when was the last time you saw a game of 5 card stud being spread? Even extremely popular games such as 5 card draw jacks or better games are now extremely scarce.

So the real question isn’t if Poker will ever die (it won’t) but instead what games will be popular in the future?

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think it will die any time soon. as long as human race alive, it will continue to be played. might be in high number or lower.

H

Hunterlewis31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will never die. it is one of the only pure skill games left. I think Poker is still very popular, especially internationally.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker will die only when all people die. This applies to any other activity that people are engaged in and receive from her pleasure in the form of emotions and money. :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker will never die because this game is very ingrained.

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although poker may never be as popular as it was during Chris Moneymaker days. Poker will NEVER die!

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its existence depends on the laws that people themselves come up with. Well, if he himself dies, then there are a lot of games in the world. The one that will be the most popular and becomes its follower.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think poker is kinda like the wizards on workaholics - they never die.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

No, Poker is not ever going to die. The game is way to much fun for it to fade away.

Comdemn

Comdemn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Will poker ever die?What can replace it?

People were, are needed, and means will be needed to escape from cruel everyday life and reality. They will always look for a way to make life easier and make it more enjoyable and attractive) And poker is good for that. But even if in a few decades poker will run out of itself, it will be replaced by other entertainments.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it would never die, maybe it can be modified according to law in different countries but still it will never die ;)

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing off and on for 60 years. Started when I was 12 playing for match sticks against my Great-uncle. For the last 13 years I've played every day, most of the time 10 to 12 hours a day at multi tables. I'm a micro grinder. No telling how many millions of hands I've played.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think it will ever die. Not sure what even brought up the question?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker only ends when the gambler dies, there are always people learning and falling in love with poker.