When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes in the game when I see that for a few days in a row I have only losses, I prefer do not play and I take a break for a few days so as not to lose even more, but maybe I’m doing it wrong and I would need to keep playing and my game could be fine!

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you don't feel like playing, don't.

Don't force yourself to play, play when you're fresh and when you feel confident.

Some people can just go longer than others as well, but it's at least important to stay hydrated and drink water every so often if you're going to be heavily invested in tournaments.

Eye strain is another big thing, i've been thinking about getting those Gunnar Glasses to help protect your eyes from headaches and fatigue.

They're pretty cheap and can fit current Glasses subscription.

Cheers

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually I play poker only when I have a good mood. Therefore, I do not really need a break. I always try to get pleasure from the game, regardless of the result.

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play until i get bored with it and just go back at it when i feel like it. Best for me is after playing for years try not to get frustrated and play my strategy an my style and be happy doing it. I just recently started playing again just a few days ago and already won 1 tourney with 50+ players and at least 4 or 5 final tables in other tourneys. My game is better than ever but i notice when i get bored with it my game is off because i care less about it. :D

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I am tired after work or I have a bad mood, I am not starting to play poker because it is meaningless. I think it is better to have a rest and start the game with new forces. Sometimes, of course, I also have days when I am not lucky, but I do not worry, and usually I continue to play freerolls or tournaments with a minimum buy-in.

Warriorasf

Warriorasf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play more

I think it is better to keep playing but in low limits, because if you continue losing you will lose little and you will play without fear of losing. Good luck, my friend.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this is a very interesting question I play at 8:00 and understand that I must rest from poker when I see that I fall asleep in the chair. :D:D:D.
Great point! This is the best I think I've heard!! When you Wake up in a chair and realize that probably poker was very much!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

cleder7

cleder7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's hard to stop playing poker because it's addictive. A lot of people do not know when it's time to stop, I include myself.
But I believe that when you begin to realize that you are not giving anything right in your game, it is time to take a break and do something else to get the ideas in place.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker well comes down making good decisions. It’s key to recognize when one must take a break from the game. Whether it be a run of bad cards, good hands getting sucked on, being depressed, being mentally and physically drained or tired, bad beats, tilt, losing a lot, making bad decisions or misreading the situation, it’s important to take a break when necessary. Sometimes a break can do me a world of good and be a very good decision. Regrouping and coming back to the table refreshed mentally and physically can do a world of good.

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stop playing for few days

when I have those problems I generally likes to keep playing cause I think that if we play when variance is against us we are gonna improve our game, try to do our best, I think if we are good we will learn how to play when everything is against us and then when variance is with us we will know exactly what to do on the other hand if I can't play better in those situations or I get angry while I'm playing I quite prefer just get a rest and stop playing poker for a while, have time to relax with family and friends and then I'll be back stronger and better.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, no one is immune from downstreak. The best solution is not to play poker for a few days. This will save the bankroll.

mistershrimpy

mistershrimpy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that the best will stop and rest. And the sooner the better. The more you lose, the more it seems that a little bit more and the game will be better. But, as a rule, this is only aggravated

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol this is a very interesting question I play at 8:00 and understand that I must rest from poker when I see that I fall asleep in the chair. :D:D:D.

It's hard to stop playing poker because it's addictive. A lot of people do not know when it's time to stop, I include myself.
But I believe that when you begin to realize that you are not giving anything right in your game, it is time to take a break and do something else to get the ideas in place.
I have now still continues black had a perhaps, today've tried play in 2 tournaments, but chip leader at the table on river came the right maps! even the street collected from one card. How do you sit down at the poker table?

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When its not fun anymore! Take a break.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you aren't having fun you shouldnt play

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an intellectual game, if the brain can not stand the load, it's time to relax.

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As many have previously said, if you start thinking you should take a break from poker then it's probably for the best that you do. If you start getting tired and frustrated on the tables then get out. Either luck isn't on your side or your game is totally off.

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rest from poker

This is the period when you need to be very attentive. At such times, players tend to make sometimes fatal mistakes. When you are not in the best form (not specifically in this session), but in general, you do not notice mistakes in the game, you are more upset by unsuccessful sessions and the game does not work at all. But the biggest trap is that you do not understand. You continue to treat everything as if you were playing your best poker. With thoughts - “So this is just a cooler,” “And this is just a bedbill,” you buy and play again, I don’t understand at all that you are often playing badly. The only sure way is not only rest, but also rethinking of his game. This is a psychological component that is very important.:boring::boring::boring:

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should take a break when you are not playing for joy and spending free time, just winning money. The most important in poker is the pleasure of the game, the money will come later with the appropriate tactics

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

:confused::confused::confused:
I make a break for 2-3 days if I haven't been lucky for several days

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All pros recommend going down in buy ins when you are on a downswing and play more satellites for bigger buy ins

P

Pocemon12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I very often play in poker, and I personally believe that from poker need sleep when you are beginning piss off crossings, and simply failures bankroll. It is at this point you just need to get up and leave poker for at least a day.

S

Stormforge

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However long it takes you to lose your tilt. It varies from person to person I'm sure. Even a 15 minute break or so seems to improve my game a bit if I've recently been tilted.

If you're consistently losing over a long period though, you should consider dealing or at least lowering your stakes.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
However long it takes you to lose your tilt. It varies from person to person I'm sure. Even a 15 minute break or so seems to improve my game a bit if I've recently been tilted.

If you're consistently losing over a long period though, you should consider dealing or at least lowering your stakes.
I like fishing, I try to cast a fishing rod! While my catch remains to be desired, probably the balance of positive energy has not yet recovered! Hard given the game and most importantly do not get pleasure from the game! Waiting for change!

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your frustration turns into aggression and anger, it is time to take a break. when things aren't going your way or when you have played a good couple of hours you should take a break;0) Have fun and good luck