When The River Becomes an Atomic Bomb!

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who ever had the feeling that the river would be an atomic bomb and end their life at the poker table?
When I'm playing poker, I have the impression that the river will turn into a monster, so on many occasions I close my eyes not to see the damage
And you, which table card scares you the most when you are playing poker,
* cards of the flop
* turn card
* Or river card
In your opinion which is the one that has the highest percentage of doing damage to your stack

Be honest, the river makes you scared, as if you were to face the father of all the bombs?

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times when you do not want a particular card to fall on the turn or river. And it appears. And then a thought arises. Why did I think about this? It's probably because it happened that I thought of this card. Well, it's certainly not your fault. It's just a case. So do not be afraid.What should happen. If you take into account all the pros and cons, then such cases will be less.

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my greatest fear is to fly out of the tournament being a few steps away from prizes

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is the river too, but everytime this happens I start to laugh and think for myself, next time will be mine.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
In tournaments this can indeed be a traumatising experience if you bubble out due to it.

In cash games, don't back down if the player appears medium to loose. Be prepared to lose a little and be aggressive (to prevent them shoving you into submission as a bluff first of all and second of all because aggression is a necessity to profit).

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When the river becomes an atomic bomb

Who ever had the feeling that the river would be an atomic bomb and end their life at the poker table?

When I'm playing poker, I have the impression that the river will turn into a monster, so on many occasions I close my eyes not to see the damage

Be honest, the river makes you scared, as if you were to face the father of all the bombs?
That is SUPER funny! I don't usually close my eyes, but I can feel myself cringing as I watch my monster get crushed by 72 off-suit, or something similar.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
River is more dangerous. Many time I have lost in tournaments or cash games from river, with the most outrageous hands. But I have won also from such hands from river.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play on stars get beaten on river becomes probable instead if possible! :D

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lol. It's not a big deal if an unfavorable card comes on the river, or anywhere on the board. It's going to happen, it's part of the game.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do you say that?
How many times have you seen A on river crush your big pair, or lost hand on 2-6 outer rivers?? I played a lot of spins where are lot showdowns and was scared every time on river... It took 2 months playing on party poker for that fear to disapeare.. And how many times have you seen jokerstars coments on table?? I was tilted and thinking its just luck until i changed site..

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And when are you playing poker live?
Look at the boy's face, was he crying?

what can happen when you're playing wsop poker

Be strong, do not cry, your strong and carry on with your head held high

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are times when you do not want a particular card to fall on the turn or river. And it appears. And then a thought arises. Why did I think about this? It's probably because it happened that I thought of this card. Well, it's certainly not your fault. It's just a case. So do not be afraid.What should happen. If you take into account all the pros and cons, then such cases will be less.

I've been wondering the same thing lately when I see the one card I don't want to see, and then it appears. I've been wondering if me thinking about it makes it appear. It would get to the point that I was scared about the flop before it came out, and sure enough it was bad for me.
So then I thought well if we go allin PF and I don't look at the flop, then that would help.....nope. LOL

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many times have you seen A on river crush your big pair, or lost hand on 2-6 outer rivers?? I played a lot of spins where are lot showdowns and was scared every time on river... It took 2 months playing on party poker for that fear to disapeare.. And how many times have you seen jokerstars coments on table?? I was tilted and thinking its just luck until i changed site..
+1

M

Machidon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
* cards of the flop
* turn card
* Or river card
In your opinion which is the one that has the highest percentage of doing damage to your stack

The river scares me the most because when I am allin and I am ahead it is the last thing that stays between me and winning the hand. :star:
In my opinion the river has the highest percentage of doing damage to my stack because by the river the pot will be bigger and usually have the most (compared with other streets )of my stack invested in .

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If you bet size correctly, shut out draws and only play the river strong, it should hold few terrors.
FYI in low stakes poker someone who bets the river usually holds a very strong hand.:)

M

Machidon7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A

Anatolie Fomov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FomovA

I'm very sorry when I have AA and the flop comes up, I'm afraid of being beaten with moonsters, I have often missed monsters lately

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
river always seems to be when the 1 card you are trying to fade hits lol.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
* cards of the flop
* turn card
* Or river card

Yes river can be atomic bomb, that why we need to play agresif from preflop when holding a monsters.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens to me all the time, I always have the feeling that the fourth or fifth card is going to kill me, I already spend many times in important matches and I was already traumatized, even though I have the best hand possible, I'm afraid