PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So friends alright
I wonder what you do when the good cards are gone from your hands, and there are only bad cards coming off without matching numbers and symbols?
You risk and flop with what you have, call middle pair and then what to do?
Do you rush or wait patiently for good cards because you think patience overcomes the curiosity of seeing a flop?:confused:

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold, fold, fold, fold, fold.
Use the time to make notes on your opponents. If you are down to 10-15bb and in late position (co/btn) your post-flop play will be pretty much gone anyway. If SB and BB fold a lot OOP you can shove almost everything preflop in late position with a halfway decent hand If there is no action in front of you. Don't bleed out your stack by limping .... You need ammo later.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes you need to bluff with your hands (which can potentially get stronger). If you only wait for good hands, you will never win the tournament.

M

mrT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye be patience and try to stay solid and notice the players around you

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never hurry. If necessary, I prefer to wait patiently for good cards. I am sure that patience is the main advantage of a disciplined player.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So friends alright
I wonder what you do when the good cards are gone from your hands, and there are only bad cards coming off without matching numbers and symbols?

I go all in preflop and bust Zorba :)

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will stay tight for a good hand and watch your position and maybe steal a blind

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a concept in the Russian language (perhaps it came from I do not know English) playing cards that is the combination gather and play in poker that is to replay the players and the cards are of secondary importance! So good players play poker rather than waiting for the map!

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can try "theft" some blinds, but my tip is simply stay calm and don't play really bad initial hands.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I´m patient in those situations but sometimes I have to take some risks like stealing some blinds.It depends on the number of chips I have .

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When such a small bet, I play with any two cards; When rates increase, I'm in the standby mode and wait for good cards.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When such a small bet, I play with any two cards; When rates increase, I'm in the standby mode and wait for good cards.

I guess you mean when the blinds are low you play any two cards. Thats bleeding in most of the cases in my opinion. I don't say that a loose/aggressive style can't be profitable but it's waaay harder to play correctly.

With increasing blinds you should start stealing blinds because their relative sum compared to your stack will increase.

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FOLD, FOLD, FOLD

FOLD EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

While playing weak cards and getting lucky works for some, it doesn't for everyone and it will only take you so far, so many times.

My suggestion is to keep folding until you get strong, playable cards. Especially when the blinds start getting high. It's not worth risking ANY chips to see the flop if you don't have strong cards to start.

Use the time instead to really study how others at your table are playing and even open other tables from the same tournament to observe. Make notes about their playing style and anything else that may give you an advantage when playing in a hand with them.

And just always keep in mind the #1 thing you need to have in poker is PATIENCE;)

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you need to be able to play with any cards, and what say bad card, Q8 mismatched? The ability to play with any cards, this is the main difference between a professional and a regular player. I play with any cards. But how stupid it looks when you make a re-raise with AQ and there's 678 on the Board and you're sitting there, your word and you don't know what to do)))

S

spider9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem, I keep waiting for strong hands and sometimes I just don't get them...You can't just wait forever sometimes you have to bluff a little bit.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to wait as long as the blinds have not yet caught up with me. I think that you have to exercise rigor and discipline because in the long term it is the best strategy to adopt.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is the only way, I think

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No good cards

I will FOLD FOLD FOLD until I have a suitable hand to play. Patience and discipline are two factors I believe in becoming a good poker player. I know its hard folding hand after hand after hand but chasing with mediocre usually doesn't lead to a winning hand. Only time I will play mediocre cards is when I am small stack and in the blind. At this point it becomes never up never in ...

Good luck at the tables.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wait, I push Stack in position and sometimes I use Bluff.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't risk so much in these situations. Don't be afraid to fold, cause the pot not worth as much as the players fight for it. The other option wiht mediocrate cards to give yourself a chance to see the flop, if you 're in a good position at the table, why not. Just don't push it so hard, your role will be changed if you are patient.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes you have to make something happen with nothing cards.

Position play. A read off another player. A tell.

Can’t always get dealt aces

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you flop middle pair. Place a bet to see if any other player has top pair, then go from there.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try and be as patient as possible. Sometimes you can steal some blinds in late position to keep your stack ticking over whilst you wait for hands.
Don't do it every orbit or the players will notice you always raising your button etc but few orbits.
it's frustrating especially if there's aggressive players before you raising almost every hand
pick your spots to chip up and good luck

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you flop middle pair. Place a bet to see if any other player has top pair, then go from there.
I'm never a fan of the bet for information style and if that's yours fair play.
I suppose it's situational if your the preflop raiser and flop second pair I don't mind a cbet but not just betting to see if I get raised to know where I'm at.

ozorkow12

ozorkow12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FOLD DOLD

So friends alright
You risk and flop with what you have, call middle pair and then what to do?
Do you rush or wait patiently for good cards because you think patience overcomes the curiosity of seeing a flop?:confused:

So you see everyone has a different opinion and are acting differently
with weak starting hands. But I will add from myself if you want to go
high in tournaments is the first thing to observe the behavior o
f players and it will come out from you not even when you use your
weak hand to surprise your opponent.

:jd4::jd4: Best wishes Ozorkow12:jd4::jd4: